Bob La Londe

Default How to Remove Polyurethane Glue

Any clue? Some poly glue got spilled in the bed of my new truck, and I'ld
sure like to remove it before having the bed liner sprayed in.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

dazed and confuzed

Bob La Londe wrote:
Any clue? Some poly glue got spilled in the bed of my new truck, and I'ld
sure like to remove it before having the bed liner sprayed in.

if you are having it sprayed in, just use a sander and then prime the
bed. The bedliner place is gonna sand the bed before they spray in the
liner anyway

--

It's bad luck to be superstitious

Lew Hodgett

Bob La Londe writes::

Some poly glue got spilled in the bed of my new truck, and I'ld
sure like to remove it before having the bed liner sprayed in.

snip

Some quality time with a small right angle sander with some 24 grit paper.

William R. Watt

Resins can often be softened with a torch or a heat gun and scraped off.
It's one way of removing excess epoxy. I know of a case where the epoxy
bleed out along all the inside seams on a lapstrake canoe were cleaned up
that way. I've not tried it personally and would suggest a small test area
first.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm