RDennis205

Default bayliner boats

who builds bayliner boats these days ?
Jim

RDennis205 wrote:
who builds bayliner boats these days ?

Probably a bunch of illegal aliens, just like the guys who build all the
other boats out there.

Brian D

Most commercially made polyester boats have builders that get paid by the
job ...pop more out and you get more pay. This is why you see sloppy work
hiding under gunnels and inside transoms, blocked limbers, etcetera
etcetera. Some of Bayliner's hulls have very good characteristics, but I'm
not sure I'd ever put my money on one of them ...too many horror stories
floating around (sinking around?)

Brian D

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...

RDennis205 wrote:
who builds bayliner boats these days ?

Probably a bunch of illegal aliens, just like the guys who build all the
other boats out there.

Ron White

Do a google search?

--
Ron White
Boat building web address is

Jim

I'll tell you a secret;
All boats are built poorly, atleast not built as well as you'd like.

Same goes for everything, flashlights, folding chairs, everything is
built just as well as needs to be built. This is how our system works.

Ofcourse, you can get a $40 flashlight that's pretty well made, can't you?
Jim

Brian D wrote:
Most commercially made polyester boats have builders that get paid by the
job ...pop more out and you get more pay. This is why you see sloppy work
hiding under gunnels and inside transoms, blocked limbers, etcetera
etcetera. Some of Bayliner's hulls have very good characteristics, but I'm
not sure I'd ever put my money on one of them ...too many horror stories
floating around (sinking around?)

Brian D

"Jim" wrote in message
ink.net...

RDennis205 wrote:

who builds bayliner boats these days ?

Probably a bunch of illegal aliens, just like the guys who build all the
other boats out there.

Rick Tyler

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:17:45 GMT, Jim wrote:

I'll tell you a secret;
All boats are built poorly, atleast not built as well as you'd like.

Um, well, isn't this NG called "rec.boats.building"? If your boat is
built poorly it's because you built it poorly.

- Rick "Or am I missing something?" Tyler

--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian
Old Nick

On 05 Sep 2004 19:13:38 EDT, "Ron White"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Do a google search?

and **** off.
I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I
am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about
the things I know I am right about.
Jim

Rick Tyler wrote:
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:17:45 GMT, Jim wrote:

I'll tell you a secret;
All boats are built poorly, atleast not built as well as you'd like.

Um, well, isn't this NG called "rec.boats.building"? If your boat is
built poorly it's because you built it poorly.

- Rick "Or am I missing something?" Tyler

Yes, you are missing something. The question was about how well
Bayliners are built. Having owned one, in addition to many boats over
the years, I say that a Bayliner is not any poorer quality than most
boats in it's price range.

The title of the newsgroup does not say that you must build the boat
yourself, does it? It refers to boat building, and repair.

--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian

Rick Tyler

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 03:39:03 GMT, Jim wrote:

Rick Tyler wrote:
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:17:45 GMT, Jim wrote:

I'll tell you a secret;
All boats are built poorly, atleast not built as well as you'd like.

Um, well, isn't this NG called "rec.boats.building"? If your boat is
built poorly it's because you built it poorly.

Yes, you are missing something. The question was about how well
Bayliners are built.

snip
The title of the newsgroup does not say that you must build the boat
yourself, does it? It refers to boat building, and repair.

Way up there you wrote "All boats are built poorly." Suggesting that
you meant it to apply only to Bayliner is kind of a stretch.

For the record, what I wrote was a joke. Sorry if it missed the mark.

- Rick

--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian
Brian D

You know the difference between a good woodworker and a bad one, right? A
good one knows how to hide his mistakes better...

Brian D

Rick Tyler wrote:
[...]

FS 1998 Winjet Boat Nieman Marcus Ltd Ed in Cincinnati Ohio Girmannd Marketplace 1 August 24th 05 10:12 PM
New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Dire Yank boats Jens Adolphsson ASA 11 October 8th 03 01:53 AM
Bayliner Boats - Are they any good Glenn Boyd UK Power Boats 13 October 5th 03 10:40 AM
How to qualify 120 boats for final Gold/Silver fleets Edward Mitchell General 3 August 1st 03 12:07 AM