Glenn Boyd

Default Bayliner Boats - Are they any good

I am thinking of purchasing a 1988, 35' Bayliner Avaniti. I can't seem to
find to find any information on these boats. Can anyone help with what they
know or have heard. Very appreciated

Glenn Boyd

John, thanks for your wonderful advise. I am looking for inside advise and
yes I have searched without any real luck.
"John Frew" wrote in message

"Glenn Boyd" wrote in message
.com...
I am thinking of purchasing a 1988, 35' Bayliner Avaniti. I can't seem

find to find any information on these boats. Can anyone help with what

they
know or have heard. Very appreciated

Can't find any info?

Have you tried typing 'Bayliner' into Google?

I'll bet you can hardly count the volume of pages!

Ray Norrish

Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

"Derek James" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:58:21 GMT, "Glenn Boyd"
wrote:

John, thanks for your wonderful advise. I am looking for inside advise

and
yes I have searched without any real luck.
"John Frew" wrote in message

"Glenn Boyd" wrote in message
.com...
I am thinking of purchasing a 1988, 35' Bayliner Avaniti. I can't

seem
find to find any information on these boats. Can anyone help with

what
they
know or have heard. Very appreciated

Can't find any info?

Have you tried typing 'Bayliner' into Google?

I'll bet you can hardly count the volume of pages!

There are those at our marina who refer to them as Binliners. I think
that gives you a taste of some people's opinions!

--
Derek James

Nick

In article , Ray Norrish
writes
Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

You get what you pay for. They are one of the cheaper US manufactures,
but I have a 2002 run-about and it is by far better than either of my 3
previous English-built boats.

.. .
wrote:

John, thanks for your wonderful advise. I am looking for inside advise

and
yes I have searched without any real luck.
"John Frew" wrote in message

"Glenn Boyd" wrote in message
.com...
I am thinking of purchasing a 1988, 35' Bayliner Avaniti. I can't

seem
find to find any information on these boats. Can anyone help with

what
they
know or have heard. Very appreciated

Can't find any info?

Have you tried typing 'Bayliner' into Google?

I'll bet you can hardly count the volume of pages!

There are those at our marina who refer to them as Binliners. I think
that gives you a taste of some people's opinions!

--
Derek James

--
Nick
Ray Norrish

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes
Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

You get what you pay for. They are one of the cheaper US manufactures,
but I have a 2002 run-about and it is by far better than either of my 3
previous English-built boats.

[snip]

Depends what those 3 "English-built boats" were. Maybe they were just "old"
or badly maintained?
The fact is, irrelevant whether the boat is American or English - that
Bayliners are crap.. and so are the people who run around in them (in my
experience)

Just yesterday, the boat in from of me in the launch queue was a Bayliner,
and I had the experience of watching him wake a load of sailing dingys
inshore. (As they always do - and no.. I`m not making it up.. I see this day
in, day out) must be something like the RS2000 with the spoilers etc.. boy
racer on the sea attitude.

Ray

Steve

Just yesterday, the boat in from of me in the launch queue was a Bayliner,
and I had the experience of watching him wake a load of sailing dingys
inshore. (As they always do - and no.. I`m not making it up.. I see this day
in, day out) must be something like the RS2000 with the spoilers etc.. boy
racer on the sea attitude.

Ray

What is this launch queue you speak of, sounds like you are launching
in the wrong place!

I spent most of a day waiting for the tide in Port Dinllaen (lleyn
penisula, N Wales) last week. It was totally ruined by 10-12 morons
continually blasting through the anchorage in assorted power boats and
PWCs. Even had one lot water skiing among anchored boats. (most common
offender - Bayliner).

Amusingly I heard from another boat who had the same experience the
following day, but thick fog came down and they all started bleating
on the VHF that they were lost. Excellent.

Steve

Ray Norrish

What is this launch queue you speak of, sounds like you are launching
in the wrong place!

Just busy that day.. bit of a queue.

I spent most of a day waiting for the tide in Port Dinllaen (lleyn
penisula, N Wales) last week. It was totally ruined by 10-12 morons
continually blasting through the anchorage in assorted power boats and
PWCs. Even had one lot water skiing among anchored boats. (most common
offender - Bayliner).

Amusingly I heard from another boat who had the same experience the
following day, but thick fog came down and they all started bleating
on the VHF that they were lost. Excellent.

Yea.. Saturday afternoon the fog came down hard and fast.

Steve

Ray Norrish

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes

"Nick" wrote in message
In article , Ray Norrish
writes
Indeed.
If rec.boats was anything to go by as well. There's a current thread
regarding build quality too.

You get what you pay for. They are one of the cheaper US manufactures,
but I have a 2002 run-about and it is by far better than either of my 3
previous English-built boats.

[snip]

Depends what those 3 "English-built boats" were. Maybe they were just

"old"
or badly maintained?

A Fletcher, a Bristol and a Waverider (Shakespeare).

The fact is, irrelevant whether the boat is American or English - that
Bayliners are crap.. and so are the people who run around in them (in my
experience)

Possibly it is because they are the most common make to be seen just
like Ford Escorts are on the road. To extend your own logic further, all
those Laser dingy owners are a bunch of ******s with no respect for
other boat owners. There are so many of them about that I see a lot of
bad seamanship in them. But of course I don't tar them all with the same
brush...
--
Nick

As I said - "in my experience". It's like the type of car usually fits with
the person who drives it.
I`d reckon most dingy owners drive old volvos?

David Samuel

Jet Ski and gin palaces owners drive BMW's, all a selfish lot

Reminds me of a conversation a women radio operator on a boat had with the
coastguard, complaining that a Mayday alert was boring and could they change
channels from 16 as she was trying to contact friends!!!!

Says it all I think!

Regards
Dave

snip