Paul Oman

Default Rhino type bed liners on boats???

Just this week I talked to a university maint. guy who used it as a shower
stall liner in a girls dorm - color was white or some other color (not black)
problem was it stained easily and he needed to 'paint' it to remove the stains
(I guess stain removers didn't work)

anyway, the issues are staining and can it be topcoated in the future????

paul oman
progressive epoxy polymers
www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."

Scott Downey

you could check out www.sanitred.com
comes in white and is a waterproof polyurethane coating

wrote in message
Is it a good idea to coat the bottom of a steel hull houseboat
with a bed liner like Rhino Tuff Stuff, or something like it? One
person told me they start to peel off after a few years, but I
would think there are products of different quality, as well as
possible improvements in products of years ago which may be
the ones peeling (or whatever) today.

Do those type coatings come in different colors? It seems to
me that if they would work well in a truck bed, something like
that ought to be great for the roof of a houseboat which gets
similar traffic and things dragged around on it, etc....that is, if
the stuff is available in white.

Brian D

A lot of these liner type products are urethanes, and UV will dull them up
pretty good over time. Look in the bed of my truck sometime ...tough stuff,
but very dull and ugly everywhere the sun shines ...and still shiny new
under the rails. I live in Oregon too, not a hot sunny state.

Brian D

"Paul Oman" wrote in message
Just this week I talked to a university maint. guy who used it as a shower
stall liner in a girls dorm - color was white or some other color (not

black)
problem was it stained easily and he needed to 'paint' it to remove the

stains
(I guess stain removers didn't work)

anyway, the issues are staining and can it be topcoated in the future????

paul oman
progressive epoxy polymers
www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."

wasatchRiver

Drift boat builders, especially the wooden drift boat guys have been
using Rhino Liner or similar products on the bottom of their boats for
years. A comparable product that sprays smoother is LineX. Both
provide tough, water proof finishes that are very abrassion resistant
and bounce of rocks nicely.

Dire Yank boats Jens Adolphsson ASA 11 October 8th 03 01:53 AM
Prices on used boats Skip Gundlach Cruising 15 October 1st 03 09:33 PM
"The SEARCH" redux (long, as usual) Skip Gundlach Cruising 2 September 22nd 03 03:30 PM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM