posted to rec.boats.building

Default Boat Gasket For Poles???

(please see my profile pic abpve for the item I am looking for)

I have a Pro Sport 17' runabout boat... in the side of my boat is an
oval gasket that u insert a pole into on each end than you put the
pole in the holder and use the bungee cord to secure them. At each
end is a gasket and it holds the poles in place in the side of the
boat.
I need to replace the GASKET on each end, do u know where I can find
these? They must be oval and white in color? I am having a hard time
locating these.
I also can send a pic via email if anyone cares to help me identify
these properly. Maybe I am calling them the wrong name not sure, any
help will be great thanks in advance. I did add a pic in my profile
of the gasket I am looking for.
V. Lyn

posted to rec.boats.building

On Aug 27, 9:33*pm, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
Lyn,
I cannot retrieve your profile, so I cannot see your gasket, but I think I know what you mean. First, it probably is not a gasket,
but it is probably a molded plastic or rubber piece. If so, it will most likely be a custom molding for your specific boat and can
only be sourced from the boat manufacturer. Find out who the manufacturer is by referencing the nameplate. Extract the model and
serial number from this plate. GOOGLE the manufacturer, find the phone number for customer service and call them.
Steve

"Lyn Freelon" wrote in ...
(please see my profile pic abpve for the item I am looking for)

I have a Pro Sport 17' runabout boat... in the side of my boat is an
oval gasket that u insert a pole into on each end *than you put the
pole in the holder and use the bungee cord to secure them. *At each
end is a gasket and it holds the poles in place in the side of the
boat.
I need to replace the GASKET on each end, do u know where I can find
these? They must be oval and white in color? *I am having a hard time
locating these.
I also can send a pic via email if anyone cares to help me identify
these properly. *Maybe I am calling them the wrong name not sure, any
help will be great thanks in advance. *I did add a pic in my profile
of the gasket I am looking for.
V. Lyn- Hide quoted text -

Thx Steve I did try there site but no luck - I will call them and see
if they can help. Thx for your reply.

posted to rec.boats.building
mmc mmc is offline

[...]

Is this what you're looking for?