BoatBanter.com

-   -   Political Crap OT (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/94064-political-crap-ot.html)

Marty[_2_] April 26th 08 12:22 AM

Political Crap OT

Vito wrote:
"Marty" wrote
She treated her?

Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Ah, so you just made it up..

[email protected] April 26th 08 08:19 PM

Political Crap OT

Nope. That was why he "suddenly" got religion and stopped drinking. He
was given an ultimatum.

On what planet does this translate to "wife-beating"?

wrote:
This one. It's not a translation of anything. It's what happened.

Sorry, wrong again.
"Wife-beating" is pretty self-explanatory, and it is a very different
thing from a husband being "given an ultimatum." In fact the two are
almost diametrical opposites. Either your language or your logic
skills need some brushing up.

DSK

[email protected] April 26th 08 08:26 PM

Political Crap OT

She treated her?

"Vito" wrote:
Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Well, for my own part, it's not that I'm refusing to believe a female
would carry out a brave & noble act of self-sacrifice on the
battlefield. In fact, I'd find it easy to believe. However, the most
recent conflicts have generally not had much in the way of grenades to
throw oneself on. It's impossible to throw oneself on an IED. Another
point to bear in mind that such acts are generally given some big
attention by the big brass... quite a few Medal of Honor winners... in
fact take a look at.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/iraq.html

DSK

Marty[_2_] April 26th 08 11:33 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote:
She treated her?

"Vito" wrote:
Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Well, for my own part, it's not that I'm refusing to believe a female
would carry out a brave & noble act of self-sacrifice on the
battlefield. In fact, I'd find it easy to believe. However, the most
recent conflicts have generally not had much in the way of grenades to
throw oneself on. It's impossible to throw oneself on an IED. Another
point to bear in mind that such acts are generally given some big
attention by the big brass... quite a few Medal of Honor winners... in
fact take a look at.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/iraq.html

DSK

Interesting, two out of three people throwing themselves on grenades,
100% mortality...

Cheers
Marty