BoatBanter.com

-   -   Political Crap OT (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/94064-political-crap-ot.html)

Marty[_2_] April 23rd 08 05:00 AM

Political Crap OT

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites,
and there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough
that Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to
speculate if the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty

Capt. JG April 23rd 08 06:01 AM

Political Crap OT

"Marty" wrote in message

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites, and
there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough that
Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to speculate if
the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty

I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully supported
by the people who voted for the other person. How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for... continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me. While he may be a hero, he
comes from a long line of aristocracy of admirals, and he's married to a
heiress. While Bill/Hillary are certainly wealthy, they came from the
working class. Obama is much the same. He has a lot of support among whites,
especially those with a college or better education. I don't think you can
classify the US as a racist society compared to the way we were 30/40 or
more years ago. We have a long way to go, but things are better.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bloody Horvath April 23rd 08 09:54 AM

Political Crap OT

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:01:49 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

"Marty" wrote in message

[...]

That's what your gay friends in California tell you. I and my friends
in the midwest would never consider voting for a Commander in Chief
who doesn't have any military experience.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Capt. Rob April 23rd 08 12:23 PM

Political Crap OT

On Apr 23, 12:00 am, Marty wrote:
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist, blacks vote for blacks, whites vote for whites,
and there are a lot of white Dems who think that's not the case, enough
that Obama is likely to be running against McCain. Anyone care to
speculate if the US is ready to elect a black president?

Cheers
Marty

Sure, especially a black president with a white mother. Naturally the
US remains filled with ignorant hicks who, even after getting punched
in the face again and again, still claim to be proud of their vote for
Bush. What can you do with such people? They still think republicans
are conservative!
As for the Democrats, they're not doing any damage. It's one of the
kindest battles ever and it will soon be over. The public has the
attention span and memory retention of a Mayfly, so little matters
until the presidential race itself winds down to the final weeks.
Few people know or care to ponder what "Public Servant" once meant.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY

Martin Baxter April 23rd 08 01:13 PM

Political Crap OT

Capt. Rob wrote:
On Apr 23, 12:00 am, Marty wrote:
[...]

Much as may like to spar with you Bob, I think there's a lot of truth in
your words.

Cheers
Marty

[email protected] April 23rd 08 02:23 PM

Political Crap OT

Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully supported
by the people who voted for the other person.

Maybe, but more likely not. There are a lot of people who really
really *hate* the Clintons, Republicans & Democrats alike.

Remember, the U.S. has an official 2-party system, but each party is
really a coalition similar to those cobbled together under the
parliamentary system. Hillary & Obama each have their own
constituencies, which do have a large overlap... but when one or the
other finally wins, some members of the losers coalition will drop
out. It's inevitable. The question is, how many and will they be PO'd
enough to vote Republican (for President)?

.... How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for... continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me.

I could explain it, but you might not want to listen. I would
certainly consider voting for McCain for President under many possible
circumstances.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
.... I and my friends
in the midwest would never consider voting for a Commander in Chief
who doesn't have any military experience.

Flunked high school civics, did you?

Without civilian control & oversight of the military, you have a
fascist dictatorship, not a democracy. However a lot of people would
like exactly that... a "strong man" who would make the trains run on
time,

And did you consider our current President's "military
experience" (getting drunk at the O-club and going AWOL, followed by
the convenient loss of all his records) valuable when weighing your
vote?

DSK

Martin Baxter April 23rd 08 05:20 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote:
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

Perhaps I should have been more clear, I didn't really mean white
racism, but rather black. Many white dems were quite happy to vote for
Obama, but among black voters, particularly southern black voters, the
crossover rate seems a lot less, at least from a cursory glance at the
numbers. In other words a lot of folks who voted for the colour of
Obamas skin rather than his politics.

Cheers
Marty

Capt. JG April 23rd 08 05:36 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote in message
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

If Obama is the nominee, then the vast majority of Hillary supporters will
go with him.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no
matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully
supported
by the people who voted for the other person.

Maybe, but more likely not. There are a lot of people who really
really *hate* the Clintons, Republicans & Democrats alike.

Perhaps, but compared to continuing the current policies, they would likely
hold their nose. At the moment, I think Obama has a better shot.

Remember, the U.S. has an official 2-party system, but each party is
really a coalition similar to those cobbled together under the
parliamentary system. Hillary & Obama each have their own
constituencies, which do have a large overlap... but when one or the
other finally wins, some members of the losers coalition will drop
out. It's inevitable. The question is, how many and will they be PO'd
enough to vote Republican (for President)?

Anyone who's son or daughter is fighting in Iraq, not to mention the people
themselves. Cheney was booed recently during a speech there. Some of the
soldiers were trash-talking him to reporters during the speech to reporters.
How many times has that happened. The Pentagon's own people think it's a
"debacle" of huge perportions. The economy is in a shambles.

.... How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for...
continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me.

I could explain it, but you might not want to listen. I would
certainly consider voting for McCain for President under many possible
circumstances.

He's better than Bush, but that's not saying much. He probably doesn't lie
as much as Bush, but that's not saying much. He's got military experience
more than Bush (who has practically zero), but that's not saying much. He's
too old, but I guess he's better than someone's who's brain dead like Bush.
There, I thought of four things. LOL

bs removed

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 23rd 08 05:45 PM

Political Crap OT

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
[...]

The Clintons have a lot of respect in the black community... which they
deserve. This isn't about racism, at least not yet, despite the media's
attempt to make it about race.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

[email protected] April 23rd 08 06:18 PM

Political Crap OT

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:32:37 -0400, Vito wrote:

Men and women jump on grenades to save others. They are heros. Others
have risked their lives (and often lost them) to protect and save
others. They too are heros. A man I know had two planes shot out from
under him but hiked back to fight again. I'd call him a hero. McCain got
shot down and captured. Beats the **** out of Blundering Bush's record
but not in the same league as the aforementioned folks.

LOL, besides the jumping on grenades, McCain did all of the above. You
may want to read, at least a little, about McCain's military career.

[email protected] April 23rd 08 07:03 PM

Political Crap OT

"Vito" wrote:
Men and women jump on grenades to save others.

While there are certainly many women who have done brave things to
save others, I am unaware of any women who have thrown themselves on
grenades.

DSK

Frank Boettcher April 23rd 08 07:44 PM

Political Crap OT

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:23:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

And did you consider our current President's "military
experience" (getting drunk at the O-club and going AWOL, followed by
the convenient loss of all his records) valuable when weighing your
vote?

DSK

Doug, as one who was there I'll offer some additional information
regarding this subject.

Within six months or so, I am the same age as both Bush and Clinton.
I was subject to those same decisions regarding what to do about the
draft similar to each of those individuals. Falling behind in my class
because of lack of money and the neccessity to work, and losing my
deferrment, I chose to join the Marine Corp Reserves, rather than be
drafted. I thought that, if deployed, it would be better to go with
people I know who would be pretrained. If not deployed, I could
continue with my education and life in general.

Bush joined the Guard much later than I. At the time that the
alledged AWOL took place the military was in a mode of trying to dump
excess personnel. The war in Vietnam was winding down, experienced
pilots and other military specalities were coming home and there were
too many of them. Additionally, the military had just gone through an
extensive pay increase to try to get equity with private industry to
be able to compete for future people, in anticipation of the
elimination of the draft and an all volunteer, professional military.
They were trying to cut costs. I know of many people in my unit who
were advised when transferrring to a new area, that they could get out
if a unit was not conveniently located. I got the impression they
were encouraged to do that. Maybe he used influence, maybe he didn't
but it helps to know what the climate was at that time.

Clinton, OTOH just dodged the draft. Used influence to temporarily
avoid serving so he could go to England on a Rhodes scholarship with
a promise he would serve on return. He broke that promise. This was
an earlier timeframe before the winding down of Viet Nam.

I think I have more respect for those that went to Canada to avoid the
draft and a war that was ill conceived and poorly executed, than for
Clinton. After all, they gave up their lives and homes without
knowing if they could ever come back. Clinton gave up nothing, just
used influence.

My thoughts on the matter

Frank

Dave[_5_] April 23rd 08 08:23 PM

Political Crap OT

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

Doug, as one who was there I'll offer some additional information
regarding this subject.

Don't confuse them with facts, Frank. You're challenging an article of
faith.

Capt. JG April 24th 08 12:08 AM

Political Crap OT

[...]

A bunch of bs. As though Bush didn't use his father's influence. As though
he completed his obligation. As though he wasn't a drunk.

I didn't realize that Clinton went to Canada, which last I checked was the
defacto destination for "draft dodgers."

Still fighting the same war there Frank... the one about how terrible
Clinton was. EXCEPT that he did more for this country than just about any
other president in modern times; whereas, Bush has done the worse by far.
Maybe you should blame Hillary for having enough sense of family values to
stick it out in the marriage.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Frank Boettcher April 24th 08 02:28 AM

Political Crap OT

On 23 Apr 2008 14:23:01 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
.. .

Doug, as one who was there I'll offer some additional information
regarding this subject.

Don't confuse them with facts, Frank. You're challenging an article of
faith.

Not attempting to confuse, Dave. I met Doug and family on his ICW
loop and he is an intelligent and likable person. I'm simply offering
a perspective based on living through the times.

I'm not defending Bush. The use of influence to change position on a
national guard list was commonplace, so if it happened it would not
surprise me because I know others, locally, who took advantage of the
same thing. Individuals with a whole lot less stroke than the Bush
family. So his "crime" was to accept the outcome.

It was not time of fairness. If you were poor, could not afford to
continue education past high school, had no influence, could not trick
the system by taking drugs to fail the physical, you were drafted or
you joined, or you fled the country, plain and simple. Then the
lottery, then the elimination of the draft.

My comments on the "winding down" of the war are as I observed them.
Many combat pilots were coming back and the slots in guard units were
coveted, and they deserved them. If you didn't want to stay in, no
one was going to chain you to the post.

Frank

[email protected] April 24th 08 02:36 AM

Political Crap OT

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Doug, as one who was there I'll offer some additional information
regarding this subject.

Frank, I appreciate & respect your views. I am old enough to remember
the "temper of the times" pretty well. The newscasts are still vivid
in my mind, in fact! Some stuff like the moonwalks, LBJ's signature
'Mah fellow Ah-murricans...' the footage of B-52 raids, and the
growing consensus that the war in Vietnam wasn't really worth it.

Within six months or so, I am the same age as both Bush and Clinton.
I was subject to those same decisions regarding what to do about the
draft similar to each of those individuals. Falling behind in my class
because of lack of money and the neccessity to work, and losing my
deferrment, I chose to join the Marine Corp Reserves, rather than be
drafted. I thought that, if deployed, it would be better to go with
people I know who would be pretrained. If not deployed, I could
continue with my education and life in general.

A good choice IMHO. Not sure what I would have done myself, my family
has a strong tradition of military service and I was not a great
student. With a spiralling recession & talk of reviving the draft, I
enlisted in the Navy in 1978.

Bush joined the Guard much later than I. At the time that the
alledged AWOL took place the military was in a mode of trying to dump
excess personnel.

Well, all his records have been lost, so nobody really knows, do they?
The funny thing is that most vets I know have copies of many of their
important military records, like evals and of course the DD-214. That
a prominent person like George Bush Jr. had his records "lost" and
none have ever surfaced really smells funny to me.

Clinton, OTOH just dodged the draft.

No more so than anybody else on a student deferment.

... Used influence to temporarily
avoid serving

I've never understood this. What influence did he have? He was a great
student but he was a nobody from a broken home and a poor family.

..so he could go to England on a Rhodes scholarship with
a promise he would serve on return. He broke that promise.

Possibly so. It wouldn't be the first, most likely, and it wouldn't be
the last. However, since bashing the Clintons has become the nation's
largest industry, and much of the bashing is utter fabrication to my
certain knowledge, I am rather reluctant to condemn Clinton for many
of the things that are flung at him, like this "draft dodger" stuff.
There are plenty of things that we definitely know he did that we can
condemn him for.

I think I have more respect for those that went to Canada to avoid the
draft and a war that was ill conceived and poorly executed, than for
Clinton.

How about the conscientious objectors who went to Vietnam and followed
their units around unarmed? That takes real guts IMHO.

DSK

Frank Boettcher April 24th 08 02:44 AM

Political Crap OT

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:36:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
[...]

It is my understanding that he had an obligation based on an ROTC
scholarship and an individual holding a General rank in the Arkansas
guard intervened on his behalf to postpone his service until he
completed his Rhodes tour based on his promise to serve at the
conclusion of same. This is from memory, not from the time but later
on. You are welcome to research and prove me wrong, it won't be the
first time.

Frank

[email protected] April 24th 08 03:07 AM

Political Crap OT

Frank Boettcher wrote:
It is my understanding that he had an obligation based on an ROTC
scholarship and an individual holding a General rank in the Arkansas
guard intervened on his behalf to postpone his service until he
completed his Rhodes tour based on his promise to serve at the
conclusion of same. This is from memory, not from the time but later
on.

Well, sure... at the time, who had ever heard of Bill Clinton?

It sounds more plausible than other stuff I've heard him accused of.
It's possible that he offered to serve on return and as you said
earlier, they were de-mobilizing and didn't want him. It would be more
in character for him to have conveniently "forgotten," though.

You are welcome to research and prove me wrong, it won't be the
first time.

As you may have guessed, the Clintons are not my favorite people. But
there is certainly a large industrial base of Clinton bashing (so much
that it's being outsourced these days) and a lot of it is pure hokum.
I have no idea where to research anything like this anyway....
probably could find many sources both verifying & disproving it.

My favorite Clintonism is when he declared that he "knew more about
farming than any previous U.S. President." I mean, c'mon Bill, most of
the Founding Fathers *were* farmers themselves! And falling asleep
during Reagan's funeral was a classy move too.

DSK

Bloody Horvath April 24th 08 11:36 AM

Political Crap OT

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:25:12 -0400, wrote this crap:

They are stored at Dick Cheney's "undisclosed location, along with police
reports of Dubya's drunk driving and wife beating incidents.

Do you think you'll ever see Hillary's DD-214, or Bam-Bam's? They're
probably with the records from the Rose Law Firm.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

[email protected] April 24th 08 01:00 PM

Political Crap OT

They are stored at Dick Cheney's "undisclosed location, along with police
reports of Dubya's drunk driving and wife beating incidents.

Wife-beating? You're kidding, right?
Laura would mop the floor with W.
The Bush women have all the backbone in that family.

Bloody Horvath wrote:
Do you think you'll ever see Hillary's DD-214, or Bam-Bam's? They're
probably with the records from the Rose Law Firm.

They found those. Still looking for Nixon's tapes though.

DSK

[email protected] April 24th 08 02:03 PM

Political Crap OT

Wife-beating? You're kidding, right?

wrote:
Nope. That was why he "suddenly" got religion and stopped drinking. He
was given an ultimatum.

On what planet does this translate to "wife-beating"?

President Bush is in quite good physical condition for his age.
Nonetheless, observing the two of them shows strong evidence (as does
the giving of ultimatums) the First Lady could (and would) kick his
behind.

DSK

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:01 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:28:52 -0500, Frank Boettcher

said:

It was not time of fairness. If you were poor, could not afford to
continue education past high school, had no influence, could not trick
the system by taking drugs to fail the physical, you were drafted or
you joined, or you fled the country, plain and simple. Then the
lottery, then the elimination of the draft.

Certainly not news to me. I got out of school at the height of the war.
Called up my draft board and was told that unless I volunteered I would be
drafted. I told them I would sign up for OCS, and they said they'd put my
folder at the back of the drawer, and I should let them know when I had
been
sworn in. Dunno how it was in Hope, AK, but where I came from people were
expected to honor their word, and I did. Clinton didn't.

Neither did Bush. I know you hate the Clintons, but the reality is that Bush
didn't finish what he signed up for wrt to his service commitment.
Unfortunately, he learned that lesson a bit late and now we have Iraq.

My comments on the "winding down" of the war are as I observed them.
Many combat pilots were coming back and the slots in guard units were
coveted, and they deserved them. If you didn't want to stay in, no
one was going to chain you to the post.

Yes. When I got out everyone was getting early outs by a few months. I
called up the local reserve unit, and they said come if you want to, but
no
big deal if you don't want to.

Bush did "get an early out." He just stopped showing up... and remains a
chickenhawk.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:02 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote in message

They found those. Still looking for Nixon's tapes though.

DSK

When Nixon died we observed 18-1/2 minutes of silence. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:58 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:01:11 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Neither did Bush.

Jon,

This is a technique of yours called pointing to bad behavior to justify
other bad behavior. It's getting a bit old.

Ever hear of Johnny one-note?

You seem to think that it's reasonable to point out the bad behavior of
someone out of office, while ignoring the bad behavior of someone in office.
This is getting a bit old.

Ever hear of not facing reality?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 08:49 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

I'd say the last time you posted, but I would be accused of the same thing
you did. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Frank Boettcher April 24th 08 09:10 PM

Political Crap OT

On 24 Apr 2008 13:45:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

The " Reality Distortion Machine", once started, must obfuscate with
an absence of rationality, and insult with innuendo, ad infinitum.

You're wasting your time.

Frank

Capt. JG April 24th 08 09:32 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:49:35 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I'd say the last time you posted, but I would be accused of the same thing
you did.

And you would of course be wrong.

In that case, the last time you posted. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 09:33 PM

Political Crap OT

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On 24 Apr 2008 13:45:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

The " Reality Distortion Machine", once started, must obfuscate with
an absence of rationality, and insult with innuendo, ad infinitum.

You're wasting your time.

Frank

As are you, yet you both persist in your fantasy land of Bush being good for
America.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Marty[_2_] April 24th 08 11:48 PM

Political Crap OT

Vito wrote:
wrote
While there are certainly many women who have done brave things to
save others, I am unaware of any women who have thrown themselves on
grenades.

When I was last in the hospital my nurse had just returned from Iraq. She
said one of the females she treated had done so. I have no reason to doubt
her. YMMV

She treated her? Must have been one of those new mini grenades, as a
rule, lying on top of an exploding grenade results in death.

Cheers
Marty

Marty[_2_] April 26th 08 12:22 AM

Political Crap OT

Vito wrote:
"Marty" wrote
She treated her?

Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Ah, so you just made it up..

[email protected] April 26th 08 08:19 PM

Political Crap OT

Nope. That was why he "suddenly" got religion and stopped drinking. He
was given an ultimatum.

On what planet does this translate to "wife-beating"?

wrote:
This one. It's not a translation of anything. It's what happened.

Sorry, wrong again.
"Wife-beating" is pretty self-explanatory, and it is a very different
thing from a husband being "given an ultimatum." In fact the two are
almost diametrical opposites. Either your language or your logic
skills need some brushing up.

DSK

[email protected] April 26th 08 08:26 PM

Political Crap OT

She treated her?

"Vito" wrote:
Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Well, for my own part, it's not that I'm refusing to believe a female
would carry out a brave & noble act of self-sacrifice on the
battlefield. In fact, I'd find it easy to believe. However, the most
recent conflicts have generally not had much in the way of grenades to
throw oneself on. It's impossible to throw oneself on an IED. Another
point to bear in mind that such acts are generally given some big
attention by the big brass... quite a few Medal of Honor winners... in
fact take a look at.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/iraq.html

DSK

Marty[_2_] April 26th 08 11:33 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote:
She treated her?

"Vito" wrote:
Those were my words, not hers.

You needn't grasp straws - just refuse to believe that a female would do
that.

Well, for my own part, it's not that I'm refusing to believe a female
would carry out a brave & noble act of self-sacrifice on the
battlefield. In fact, I'd find it easy to believe. However, the most
recent conflicts have generally not had much in the way of grenades to
throw oneself on. It's impossible to throw oneself on an IED. Another
point to bear in mind that such acts are generally given some big
attention by the big brass... quite a few Medal of Honor winners... in
fact take a look at.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/iraq.html

DSK

Interesting, two out of three people throwing themselves on grenades,
100% mortality...

Cheers
Marty