BoatBanter.com

-   -   Political Crap OT (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/94064-political-crap-ot.html)

[email protected] April 24th 08 02:03 PM

Political Crap OT

Wife-beating? You're kidding, right?

wrote:
Nope. That was why he "suddenly" got religion and stopped drinking. He
was given an ultimatum.

On what planet does this translate to "wife-beating"?

President Bush is in quite good physical condition for his age.
Nonetheless, observing the two of them shows strong evidence (as does
the giving of ultimatums) the First Lady could (and would) kick his
behind.

DSK

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:01 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:28:52 -0500, Frank Boettcher

said:

It was not time of fairness. If you were poor, could not afford to
continue education past high school, had no influence, could not trick
the system by taking drugs to fail the physical, you were drafted or
you joined, or you fled the country, plain and simple. Then the
lottery, then the elimination of the draft.

Certainly not news to me. I got out of school at the height of the war.
Called up my draft board and was told that unless I volunteered I would be
drafted. I told them I would sign up for OCS, and they said they'd put my
folder at the back of the drawer, and I should let them know when I had
been
sworn in. Dunno how it was in Hope, AK, but where I came from people were
expected to honor their word, and I did. Clinton didn't.

Neither did Bush. I know you hate the Clintons, but the reality is that Bush
didn't finish what he signed up for wrt to his service commitment.
Unfortunately, he learned that lesson a bit late and now we have Iraq.

My comments on the "winding down" of the war are as I observed them.
Many combat pilots were coming back and the slots in guard units were
coveted, and they deserved them. If you didn't want to stay in, no
one was going to chain you to the post.

Yes. When I got out everyone was getting early outs by a few months. I
called up the local reserve unit, and they said come if you want to, but
no
big deal if you don't want to.

Bush did "get an early out." He just stopped showing up... and remains a
chickenhawk.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:02 PM

Political Crap OT

wrote in message

They found those. Still looking for Nixon's tapes though.

DSK

When Nixon died we observed 18-1/2 minutes of silence. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 06:58 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:01:11 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Neither did Bush.

Jon,

This is a technique of yours called pointing to bad behavior to justify
other bad behavior. It's getting a bit old.

Ever hear of Johnny one-note?

You seem to think that it's reasonable to point out the bad behavior of
someone out of office, while ignoring the bad behavior of someone in office.
This is getting a bit old.

Ever hear of not facing reality?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 08:49 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

I'd say the last time you posted, but I would be accused of the same thing
you did. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Frank Boettcher April 24th 08 09:10 PM

Political Crap OT

On 24 Apr 2008 13:45:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

The " Reality Distortion Machine", once started, must obfuscate with
an absence of rationality, and insult with innuendo, ad infinitum.

You're wasting your time.

Frank

Capt. JG April 24th 08 09:32 PM

Political Crap OT

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:49:35 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I'd say the last time you posted, but I would be accused of the same thing
you did.

And you would of course be wrong.

In that case, the last time you posted. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG April 24th 08 09:33 PM

Political Crap OT

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On 24 Apr 2008 13:45:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:28:50 -0400, said:

You seem to be trying to justify your own bad behavior by pointing at
Jon's. You do the same thing he did on a regular basis, Dave.

Examples, please.

The " Reality Distortion Machine", once started, must obfuscate with
an absence of rationality, and insult with innuendo, ad infinitum.

You're wasting your time.

Frank

As are you, yet you both persist in your fantasy land of Bush being good for
America.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Marty[_2_] April 24th 08 11:48 PM

Political Crap OT

Vito wrote:
wrote
While there are certainly many women who have done brave things to
save others, I am unaware of any women who have thrown themselves on
grenades.

When I was last in the hospital my nurse had just returned from Iraq. She
said one of the females she treated had done so. I have no reason to doubt
her. YMMV

She treated her? Must have been one of those new mini grenades, as a
rule, lying on top of an exploding grenade results in death.

Cheers
Marty