posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Heston....Rot in hell!

Girl, three, shoots herself in the head
Monday Apr 7 17:00 AEST
By ninemsn staff

A three-year-old US girl has shot herself in the head after finding a
gun in her parent's bedroom.

The girl fired the gun to the right side of her head and is in a
critical condition, The Associated Press reports.

The gun belonged to one of the girl's parents and police have
questioned the pair.

Detroit Police Deputy Chief James Tate said the girl found the gun
about 2:30 pm and one of her parents was home during the shooting.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ozzy, I'm among those bright enough to know gun laws in the USA are a
joke, but Heston's support for gun ownership is among the most
misquoted set of lies and taken-out-of-context statements ever. A few
comments he made happened when he was "under attack" by the media.
He was in The Naked Jungle and Planet of the Apes, and that's what
really counts. I mean...the guy was an actor fer cripes sake. Nobody
but the media ever cared about his gun crap. But Soylent Green? Now
THAT was something!

FYI, I own a 1940 Winchester 37 16 gauge and am about to drop a lot of
cash on a rare Winchester 94 30/30. They are not for home defense or
shooting at anything alive. I would never keep a pistol in the house.

Cheers...hope you're well.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Ozzy, I'm among those bright enough to know gun laws in the USA are a
joke, but Heston's support for gun ownership is among the most
misquoted set of lies and taken-out-of-context statements ever. A few
comments he made happened when he was "under attack" by the media.
He was in The Naked Jungle and Planet of the Apes, and that's what
really counts. I mean...the guy was an actor fer cripes sake. Nobody
but the media ever cared about his gun crap. But Soylent Green? Now
THAT was something!

FYI, I own a 1940 Winchester 37 16 gauge and am about to drop a lot of
cash on a rare Winchester 94 30/30.

What makes it "rare"? Model 94s are pretty common, even an old one with
steel but plate and steel sling swivel can be had for a couple of
hundred bucks. Did Chuck Conners use it in "Rifle Man"?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Apr 7, 9:26*am, Martin Baxter wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

Of the four that Connors used, one was custom and three were made for
him with changes to the trigger gaurd and lever action. I'm going to
have one of his guns in about 6 weeks. I've been friends with his
agent for about 17 years.

The Better Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

Oh oh, the rifle that Chuck Conners used was in fact an model 1892, I
think some is pulling your leg. Save your money.

Did you know that Chuck didn't even know how to load the thing? It was
always done for him by the armorer.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Oh oh, the rifle that Chuck Conners used was in fact an model 1892, I
think some is pulling your leg. Save your money.

Did you know that Chuck didn't even know how to load the thing? It was
always done for him by the armorer.

Marty, I met Connors in 1988, shortly before he did his BK ad and his
last series of appearances. He knew how to shoot and owned an
impressive gun collection. My father, who was a animal trainer and
handler for film, also knew him. I've heard the dopey story that he
couldn't load the gun and it's just that; a story. Part of it is
actually based on ignorance like yours as actors were not permitted
(and still aren't) to load the guns ever. Winchester and several other
gunmakers made guns for him for the show. Some were used for riding,
others for stunts. He even had a simple carved/wood gun for some
scenes. Most of his guns were sold at a private auction, but several
were kept, including the model 34's he used for firing during some
scenes. IN fact there were more than three models of guns used.
As usual, Marty, you have no clue. I knew the guy as did my father, so
please spare me your google research. The gun I'm buying was on his
wall and I saw it there myself. I could sell it for 5 times what I'm
paying in a heart-beat, just like I recently sold a Winchester
Flatside 1866 for 18.5K (tripling my money in two months). BTW, Dan
Welby taught Connors to shoot. Don't bother googling him because
that's his real name. Maybe you can impress me and tell us what his
famous stage name was as he was one of the world's finest shots and
renowned gun experts.
Now go take a deep deep breath and wait for a clue to come over you,
Marty. What a windbag you remain.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:33:32 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote this crap:

I would never keep a pistol in the house.

Why not? I have two sitting next to me, and they are both loaded.
One is my pet python, his name is, "Colt". And the other is Colt Mark
IV, series 70 Gold Cup, it blows humungous holes in anything. I have
to hide them when my fiancee shows up. She's afraid of them. Are you
a pussy, too?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote this crap:

I would never keep a pistol in the house.

Why not? *I have two sitting next to me, and they are both loaded.
One is my pet python, his name is, "Colt". *And the other is Colt Mark
IV, series 70 Gold Cup, it blows humungous holes in anything. *I have
to hide them when my fiancee shows up. *She's afraid of them. *Are you
a pussy, too?

I used to be a cooler at the Polk. I had to remove some guys that
would use you for chum. I never needed a gun then and guns are for
police and pussies. Why on Earth would I ever need a pistol? Nothing
sadder than some faggo pretending he's a man with his pistol.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:05:13 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote this crap:

I used to be a cooler at the Polk.

What the hell does that mean? Speak English.

had to remove some guys that
would use you for chum.

That will never happen. I'm a retired military officer. I've been
trained to kill. And I've trained others to kill.

I never needed a gun then and guns are for
police and pussies.

And the military? What about military officers? What about those
that are trained to handle them?

hy on Earth would I ever need a pistol? Nothing
sadder than some faggo pretending he's a man with his pistol.

I've blasted many rounds on the pistol range. With my python, I can
hit a running criminal from a quarter mile away.

It's real men like me, that defend our country, and keep our streets
safe.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:15:30 -0400, Bloody Horvath
wrote:

I've blasted many rounds on the pistol range. With my python, I can
hit a running criminal from a quarter mile away.

You shoot people in the back....?

It's real men like me, that defend our country, and keep our streets
safe.

yeah..a hero!?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Sad News - Charlton Heston has died HK General 10 April 8th 08 01:55 PM
What the hell is going on? JohnH General 0 March 13th 06 11:03 PM
What the Hell???? Bobsprit ASA 12 August 28th 04 01:40 AM
HeLL!!! last General 0 August 11th 04 04:22 AM
What the Hell is That? Simple Simon ASA 2 August 26th 03 10:47 PM