Default ASA vs. USSailing Instructor certification?

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:49:56 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:38:01 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:19:27 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:03jdt3lfu8aj2c7mvri6l47opk098mcrd2@4ax. com...
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:14:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"

wrote:

wrote in message
news:8khdt3l4132saoha0emkf19e0rbe47o3vn@4a x.com...
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:39:11 -0700, "Capt. JG"

On 2008-03-10 21:37:27 -0400, "Capt. JG"
said:

Was wondering what people think of the comparitive worth of
these
two
organizations' certification systems...

I used to be a big ASA fan, but I'm tending more toward USS
these
days.

As a person not knowingly rated by either, I find both useless.

If I come across two possible crew-members, I'll grab the one
that
has
dinghy-racing experience over "not" every time.

Laser racers are at the top of my list, but there are a bunch of
one-design boats that require similar continuous attention.

"losers" in that set of classes are usually far better sailors
than
those
who can pay the bucks for "professional" certification.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Jere... I'm not talking about the student certifications... BKS,
BC,
BBC,
etc. I'm talking about the Instructor certifications... most
schools
require
one or the other.

I seem to remember your "pal" Bart not having a very high opinion
of
USSailing, even though the place he teaches advertises that their
instructors are all certified by that organization.

I don't know where he teaches, and yes, he's a friend of mine. I
know
he
has
some level of USS certification, but I don't know what level.
Perhaps
you
should ask him.

??? I thought you started this thread because you wanted opinions
on
USSailing vs ASA. I suggested that you ask Bart, since I remember
him
having a very strong opinion on the subject, and personal
experience.

Jeez, Jon, take a pill already.

What's your problem? You're the one who seems to be upset by Bart and
perhaps that he's a friend. I'm asking for others' informed opinions.
If
you
have no informed opinion about the differences, then kindly take your
own
pill.

???

I was only trying to help.

You're welcome

Really? How's that? Did you think I forgot that I know Bart?

In that case, thanks.

I don't know how well you know Bart, or if you happened to know about
his
rather
strong opinions of USSailing, so I thought you might appreciate the tip.
Honest.

I thought you and I had more or less agreed to a ceasefire about a year
ago in a
series of private emails. Is that ceasfire still in effect, or are you
trying to
break it?

What are you talking about? You're the one who posted about Bart and me
taking a pill. Or, did I get that wrong?

In any case, perhaps Bart should speak for himself. I'm soliciting
opinions
about the instructor certs for the two. If you have one, I'd love to hear
it.

Are you not well? Your responses are a bit weird to put it mildly. I told
you to
take a pill after your unseemly outburst in response to my offer of help.
So,

Pill = drugs to Ganze. Flashbacks, you know.

yes, you got it quite wrong. I also didn't say anything about Bart taking
pill. I really didn't say anything about him at all except to remind you
that he
had a strong opinion of USSailing that you migt want to ask him about. I
only
suggested that he might have a worthwhile opinion for you. I suggested
that you
ask Bart so that he CAN speak for himself.

I can stop being nice anytime you like. Your move.

I think Jon made a move on Bart, which Bart rejected since he's not gay like
Jon. Jon tried to get Bart drugged on some sort of pills, but Bart rejected
that try, too.

Jon's kind of sensitive. Jilted lover (in his mind...Bart was never
interested).

See what drugs will do to you?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:08:29 -0400, "Jill M"
wrote:

See what drugs will do to you?

You're a shining example.....Lance Armstrong is another...

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

See what drugs will do to you?

You're a shining example.....Lance Armstrong is another...

http://www.smutbox.tv/player/index.php?play=cumshot.xml

Jill M wrote:

See what drugs will do to you?

Sure do, makes you post a couple of hundred lines of reply when onlhy
one would do.

Cheers
Marty

ASA vs. USSailing Instructor certification? Capt. JG Cruising 25 March 13th 08 04:04 AM
ASA Instructor news RayD Cruising 1 October 30th 07 09:33 PM
Anyone know of a kayak instructor for hire in MA? Jess General 1 February 4th 07 03:34 PM
To Become An Instructor Ron Rowan General 3 January 2nd 05 12:08 AM
Senior Instructor Required Simple Simon ASA 4 November 7th 03 12:54 PM