posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 'nother boat

Yesterday, after a really long drive, we got home with our new (to us)
boat... a Santana 23 on a rebuilt trailer. This week is very busy
(that's what everybody says) so I probably will not have time to rig &
launch it, but this has been a very windy spring and I'm looking
forward to getting in some good sailing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
Yesterday, after a really long drive, we got home with our new (to us)
boat... a Santana 23 on a rebuilt trailer. This week is very busy
(that's what everybody says) so I probably will not have time to rig &
launch it, but this has been a very windy spring and I'm looking
forward to getting in some good sailing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Sounds great! Was it in decent shape?

I've been sailing since Friday, got home last night. The bay had light winds
on Friday, but managed to get out. Sat was better.. high teens/low 20
gusts.. felt like Summer. Sunday the wind came down a notch... low to mid
teens and warmer... all three days in the 60s.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mar 10, 6:17*am, wrote:
Yesterday, after a really long drive, we got home with our new (to us)
boat... a Santana 23 on a rebuilt trailer. This week is very busy
(that's what everybody says) so I probably will not have time to rig &
launch it, but this has been a very windy spring and I'm looking
forward to getting in some good sailing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Congrats, Doug. Now ya gotta tell us what you paid, what shape she's
in, and post a pic somewhere? Sounds like some sailin' fun coming
up! Sometimes I really miss my Ranger 23- ah for the simple, cheap
days.

Cheers,

Mike
www.sailinglinks.com
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"cruisin" wrote in message
On Mar 10, 6:17 am, wrote:
Yesterday, after a really long drive, we got home with our new (to us)
boat... a Santana 23 on a rebuilt trailer. This week is very busy
(that's what everybody says) so I probably will not have time to rig &
launch it, but this has been a very windy spring and I'm looking
forward to getting in some good sailing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Congrats, Doug. Now ya gotta tell us what you paid, what shape she's
in, and post a pic somewhere? Sounds like some sailin' fun coming
up! Sometimes I really miss my Ranger 23- ah for the simple, cheap
days.

Cheers,

Mike
www.sailinglinks.com

Rangers are nice boats! Almost bought one... a bit larger... sailed on
several 23s.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"cruisin" wrote in message
Congrats, Doug. Now ya gotta tell us what you paid,

Too much, of course

... what shape she's
in, and post a pic somewhere?

Boat's in pretty good shape, good sail inventory, OB motor fairly new
(2003). That was one reason why we got this one, I don't need more
boat projects... just wanna go sailing! However the trailer was bad
and that was a whole subject of negotiation.

Sounds like some sailin' fun coming
up! Sometimes I really miss my Ranger 23- ah for the simple, cheap
days.

Hey, you can still go back.

We've already taken some pictures and I will definitely get some
posted.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
Rangers are nice boats! Almost bought one... a bit larger... sailed on
several 23s.

Yep, nice boats. I liked the whole Gary Mull series Ranger did 23 /
26 / 29 / 33, all were pretty good boats.

Ironically, one of the boats I strongly considered was a Ranger FUN
23, a European design (Finot) they built after the Mull Ranger 23.
It's sort of a sport boat, light, planing hull, swing keel.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:27:03 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

I've been sailing since Friday, got home last night. The bay had light winds
on Friday, but managed to get out. Sat was better.. high teens/low 20
gusts.. felt like Summer. Sunday the wind came down a notch... low to mid
teens and warmer... all three days in the 60s.

Did you take out your boyfriends?

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote:
Rangers are nice boats! Almost bought one... a bit larger... sailed on
several 23s.

Yep, nice boats. I liked the whole Gary Mull series Ranger did 23 /
26 / 29 / 33, all were pretty good boats.

Ironically, one of the boats I strongly considered was a Ranger FUN
23, a European design (Finot) they built after the Mull Ranger 23.
It's sort of a sport boat, light, planing hull, swing keel.

DSK

So are you going to race her in the local beercans, Doug, or just Putz
around and have a good time? :0)

I'm guessing you got a nice 4 stroke, what, 8-10 horse with her? I
feel lucky to have a 2 stroke 6 horse for my dink, since they no
longer allow them in Kalifornia, but Arabella's POs drove to AZ to
score a nice`little (lightweight) Yamaha. The old Ranger 23 had an
ancient Johnson 5 horse that ran great forever, once you got it
started.
I was shocked to learn the latest owner of that old gem had to
virtually give her away, after all the $$$$ I poured into her.

You going to drysail this new beauty, or raft up to the tug for the
summer?

C'mon, give us a ballpark what a nice`Santana 23 with a cruddy trailer
goes for in your area? I'm going to guess 4K?

I do feel the impending need to simplify my life...it's hard to keep
one foot onshore and the other "out there", but meanwhile we're trying
to make the best of it!

BTW, Mr. Sails and Katy still your neighbors?

Mike