posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Joe's half-arsed new business venture . .

I say it's half-arsed simply because while his boat is making a two-way
trip only one way of the trip will potentially produce any profit. It is
folly to sail down to Belize with an empty cargo hold. Why waste an
opportunity to make a profit on the outward leg of the journey?

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

And another thing. To subject the lovely and talented MsTerry Mermaid to
a potentially harrowing international freight run borders on the
criminal. I think she should be dropped off in Key West on the way down.
I might be able to think of a couple of ways to put her talents to use
here.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but

expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a

load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to

make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

That's where you're wrong. I make my living hauling 'one
way' 95% of the time. If your rates are high enough, you
don't need no steenking ,low rate , back haul.
Besides, what expenses does Joe have if he's sailing?

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but

expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a

load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to

make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

That's where you're wrong. I make my living hauling 'one
way' 95% of the time. If your rates are high enough, you
don't need no steenking ,low rate , back haul.
Besides, what expenses does Joe have if he's sailing?

SBV

Only somebody with low aspirations settles for less than optimal. I
guess your sloth in soliciting high paying freight on the flip side is
one reasons you still live in a double-wide instead of a nice place like
Bobsprit owns.

As for expenses how about:

Food
Fuel
Insurance
Maintenance and repair
Wear and tear
Time (time is money)
Rent on that house on the lake that accrues regardless
Boat registration
Unforeseen damage
Modifications to the boat

It goes on and on.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb..../ferenghi.html

Check out rule 45. And Rule 94.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but

expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a

load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to

make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

That's where you're wrong. I make my living hauling 'one
way' 95% of the time. If your rates are high enough, you
don't need no steenking ,low rate , back haul.
Besides, what expenses does Joe have if he's sailing?

SBV

Neal is just jealous because he has no ambition and no imagination.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message
anews.com.

Only somebody with low aspirations settles for less than

optimal. I
guess your sloth in soliciting high paying freight on the

flip side is
one reasons you still live in a double-wide instead of a

nice place like
Bobsprit owns.

So I should work on the weekends, and holidays, and never
sail or sleep at night, just work, work, work?

My cousin let us borrow his trailer while he's away, 15 - 20
years, so now we have a TRIPLE WIDE !

bob**** owns nothing

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:16:10 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

Neal is just jealous because he has no ambition and no imagination.

At least he's not gay, like you.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote this crap:

Neal is just jealous because he has no ambition and no imagination.

At least he's not gay, like you.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Nor is Capt. Neal a recreational drug abuser. . . The Good Captain
didn't have to lie on his license application like you know who!

Greg

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message
anews.com.
..

Only somebody with low aspirations settles for less than

optimal. I
guess your sloth in soliciting high paying freight on the

flip side is
one reasons you still live in a double-wide instead of a

nice place like
Bobsprit owns.

So I should work on the weekends, and holidays, and never
sail or sleep at night, just work, work, work?

No, that ain't what I said, you dolt. I said if you had not been so lazy
and doubled up on your profits with a load on your trailer BOTH WAYS you
would have made twice the money and been able to afford a real house.
Even Bobsprit seems to be able to afford a real house. But, I guess in
his case it was somebody else's money - either an inheritance or his
wife's income. He really is pathetic and I apologize for insulting you
by insinuating he was better in some way because we all know he's scum.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message
anews.com.

No, that ain't what I said, you dolt. I said if you had

not been so lazy
and doubled up on your profits with a load on your trailer

BOTH WAYS you
would have made twice the money and been able to afford a

real house.

What you say is true, for most cases, however, not in mine.
And what's wrong with living in a trailer?

Even Bobsprit seems to be able to afford a real house.

Yes, at age 45ish, he bought a starter
home...whoopdee****ingdoo!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message
anews.com.
..

No, that ain't what I said, you dolt. I said if you had

not been so lazy
and doubled up on your profits with a load on your trailer

BOTH WAYS you
would have made twice the money and been able to afford a

real house.

What you say is true, for most cases, however, not in mine.
And what's wrong with living in a trailer?

Nothing really, it just pales in comparison to living in a sailboat
anchored out and cruising around.

Even Bobsprit seems to be able to afford a real house.

Yes, at age 45ish, he bought a starter
home...whoopdee****ingdoo!

More like his wife bought it just like she bought the boat. Bobsprit
tried to keep it a secret but he can't buy anything in his name even if
he had the money which he doesn't. Seems he did something real bad and
fraudulent some years ago and has a judgment by the courts against him.
He can't own anything because the people who got the settlement can take
it away. Bobsprit's sort of a lamo OJ Simpson in that regard.

Wilbur Hubbard