posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Joe's half-arsed new business venture . .

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but

expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a

load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to

make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

That's where you're wrong. I make my living hauling 'one
way' 95% of the time. If your rates are high enough, you
don't need no steenking ,low rate , back haul.
Besides, what expenses does Joe have if he's sailing?

SBV

Only somebody with low aspirations settles for less than optimal. I
guess your sloth in soliciting high paying freight on the flip side is
one reasons you still live in a double-wide instead of a nice place like
Bobsprit owns.

As for expenses how about:

Food
Fuel
Insurance
Maintenance and repair
Wear and tear
Time (time is money)
Rent on that house on the lake that accrues regardless
Boat registration
Unforeseen damage
Modifications to the boat

It goes on and on.