posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Joe's half-arsed new business venture . .

I say it's half-arsed simply because while his boat is making a two-way
trip only one way of the trip will potentially produce any profit. It is
folly to sail down to Belize with an empty cargo hold. Why waste an
opportunity to make a profit on the outward leg of the journey?

What do they make or grow in Texas that's cheap there but expensive and
in high demand in Belize? Joe should find out and haul a load of it
down. Even dumb truckers like Scotty know it's hard to make a living
hauling freight when you don't haul it both ways. Doh!

And another thing. To subject the lovely and talented MsTerry Mermaid to
a potentially harrowing international freight run borders on the
criminal. I think she should be dropped off in Key West on the way down.
I might be able to think of a couple of ways to put her talents to use
here.

Wilbur Hubbard