posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What Jeff Knows About Sail Trim is.....

Not enough to fill a honey bee's sock drawer!!!

Now let's look at why:

Jeff claims that THIS BOAT.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...35s5/Week2.jpg

.....a Santana 30/30, is showing a wake that indicates she is sliding
due to poor sail trim!!! I aint kidding. That's his claim. Now have a
look at the boat and look at that wake. Those of you who are
experienced enough about vessels like a 30/30 might guess correctly
that she just swept in from my port starboard side for the photo op
and is now following. Those of us who have actually sailed such boats
know that you probably couldn't induce that much slip if you tried on
such a boat!
Moreover, an arc that sharp would leave a wake from the entire port
side, but the wake is from the stern only. Furthermore, if the wind
was dead on the beam, the boat behind the Santana would be running and
NOT on a reach! The Santana is pointing much higher.
Now, to drive home Jeff's senile idiocy a bit faster, here is the
following shot taken seconds later.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...nextsant-1.jpg

Golly! Now...if the boat behind the Santana is on a reach, how could
the Santana now be pointing SO MUCH HIGHER???
Simple for anyone with a brain. She's only a bit higher. In fact you
can still see the wake from the 1st shot after the executed her move.
Heart of Gold has simply fallen off to get a shot of her starboard
side. So now it's obvious that the Santana wasn't sliding (something
hard to manage anyway while showing obvious forward movement in my
pic!). She was turning. Or maybe that second shot was created by ILM,
right old man???!!!!
That's what we were doing. Sailing, having fun and taking pics. Fast
boats and great sails mean a wide range of acceptable sail-sets. You
can tweak if you want to, but boats like the Santana or 35s5 are not
noted for weather helm issues. In fact the 35s5 with her wing was
right there with the Santana and J30 upwind!

Poor Jeff!!! He doesn't know **** about boats or trim and I just
proved it. Now he'll sit back and give us a long winded dull-ass
speech about how the flagen with the dragon has the brew that is true,
but we all know the real deal.
Dumbass cat sailors always run that BS about how they used to run fast
fun monohulls to make up for the fact they bring their living rooms
sailing! Jeff is exactly that sort.
Oh and I have a few more pics to rip him with, but let's read his
dopey posts 1st!

Oh, and....BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bwaaahahhahahahhahahhahaha!

Quiet, Ozzy. Don't get the water all muddy!

Besides...it's all true!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Its a nice fantasy. You should be writing screenplays, you're better
at making up nonsense than sailing.

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/21/2007 7:43 PM:
Not enough to fill a honey bee's sock drawer!!!

Now let's look at why:

Jeff claims that THIS BOAT.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...35s5/Week2.jpg

....a Santana 30/30, is showing a wake that indicates she is sliding
due to poor sail trim!!! I aint kidding. That's his claim. Now have a
look at the boat and look at that wake. Those of you who are
experienced enough about vessels like a 30/30 might guess correctly
that she just swept in from my port starboard side for the photo op

Your "port starboard side"??? This goes a long way toward
demonstrating your grasp of the topic.

and is now following. Those of us who have actually sailed such boats
know that you probably couldn't induce that much slip if you tried on
such a boat!

Actually, its no trouble at all. Certainly anyone who has raced would
understand how.

Moreover, an arc that sharp would leave a wake from the entire port
side, but the wake is from the stern only. Furthermore, if the wind
was dead on the beam, the boat behind the Santana would be running and
NOT on a reach!

Why? Did I say the wind was "dead on the beam"? I just said the jib
was over sheeted.

The Santana is pointing much higher.
Now, to drive home Jeff's senile idiocy a bit faster, here is the
following shot taken seconds later.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...nextsant-1.jpg

So your claiming the 30/30 made a 90 degree turn to weather a
boatlength before but no one is trimming either sail? In fact, that
seems to prove that at the time of the first shot the 30/30 was over
sheeted, then he headed up to pass you to weather, at which time the
jib was in better trim, as the second shot shows. In the process, he
certainly would have made considerable leeway.

See, that wasn't so difficult, was it? Thanks for provided the extra
pic that proves what I was claiming.

Golly! Now...if the boat behind the Santana is on a reach, how could
the Santana now be pointing SO MUCH HIGHER???

Only because you don't understand how to sail.

Simple for anyone with a brain. She's only a bit higher. In fact you
can still see the wake from the 1st shot after the executed her move.
Heart of Gold has simply fallen off to get a shot of her starboard
side. So now it's obvious that the Santana wasn't sliding (something
hard to manage anyway while showing obvious forward movement in my
pic!). She was turning. Or maybe that second shot was created by ILM,
right old man???!!!!
That's what we were doing. Sailing, having fun and taking pics. Fast
boats and great sails mean a wide range of acceptable sail-sets. You
can tweak if you want to, but boats like the Santana or 35s5 are not
noted for weather helm issues.

Excess weather helm would be the difference between winning and losing
in a 30/30. A major part of the crew's work to keep the boat
balanced to reduce helm.

In fact the 35s5 with her wing was
right there with the Santana and J30 upwind!

so? why wouldn't it?

Poor Jeff!!! He doesn't know **** about boats or trim and I just
proved it.

You proved you don't know port from starboard!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now he'll sit back and give us a long winded dull-ass
speech about how the flagen with the dragon has the brew that is true,
but we all know the real deal.

No magic needed - with your extra picture its easy to see that I was
right.

Dumbass cat sailors always run that BS about how they used to run fast
fun monohulls to make up for the fact they bring their living rooms
sailing!

Spoken with experience, Bob.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

No magic needed - with your extra picture its easy to see that I was
right.

Wow. No defense at all. How embarassing for you, Jeff.
The sad fact that you somehow claim that the second pic backs your
claim that the boat was moving sideways ties it.

Please check your bad at the door.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/22/2007 12:00 AM:
No magic needed - with your extra picture its easy to see that I was
right.

Wow. No defense at all.

You provided all the defense I needed. One picture the 30/30is on
your stern, the next its headed up to pass you to weather. In the
first pic, the jib is too tight, in the second its just right. That's
the way sails work when you change course; you should really take a
lesson sometime.

How embarassing for you, Jeff.
The sad fact that you somehow claim that the second pic backs your
claim that the boat was moving sideways ties it.

As for sliding sideways, perhaps you'll explain to us how a boat does
a fast 90 degree turn without sliding sideways. You do understand its
a physical impossibility, don't you?

I checked my brain at the door.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You provided all the defense I needed. One picture the 30/30is on
your stern, the next its headed up to pass you to weather. In the
first pic, the jib is too tight, in the second its just right.

Holy backpedal, Batman!!!!
So now Jeff admits the boat was executing a turn and NOT sliding
sideways with the wrong trim!!!!
100% shameless and he also doesn't know what 90 degrees is either!!!

Bwahahahhahahaha!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What Jeff Knows About Sail Trim is much more than booby

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/22/2007 9:56 AM:
You provided all the defense I needed. One picture the 30/30is on
your stern, the next its headed up to pass you to weather. In the
first pic, the jib is too tight, in the second its just right.

Holy backpedal, Batman!!!!
So now Jeff admits the boat was executing a turn and NOT sliding
sideways with the wrong trim!!!!

You keep trying to "win" by lying about what I said. Sorry, booby, it
just shows you admit defeat!

100% shameless and he also doesn't know what 90 degrees is either!!!

???
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What Jeff Knows About Sail Trim is pretty sad

100% shameless and he also doesn't know what 90 degrees is either!!!

???

Exactly. Case closed.

RB
35s5
NY

Sail trim from the pilothouse Bob Crantz ASA 5 March 3rd 07 04:11 PM
Sail trim from the pilothouse Scotty ASA 0 March 3rd 07 04:14 AM
Main Sail Trim Joe ASA 4 December 13th 05 06:08 PM
Sail trim question ;) Gerard Weatherby ASA 7 July 30th 03 06:14 PM
Sail Trim? Bobsprit ASA 7 June 25th 03 12:39 PM