posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default What Jeff Knows About Sail Trim is.....

Not enough to fill a honey bee's sock drawer!!!

Now let's look at why:

Jeff claims that THIS BOAT.....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...35s5/Week2.jpg

.....a Santana 30/30, is showing a wake that indicates she is sliding
due to poor sail trim!!! I aint kidding. That's his claim. Now have a
look at the boat and look at that wake. Those of you who are
experienced enough about vessels like a 30/30 might guess correctly
that she just swept in from my port starboard side for the photo op
and is now following. Those of us who have actually sailed such boats
know that you probably couldn't induce that much slip if you tried on
such a boat!
Moreover, an arc that sharp would leave a wake from the entire port
side, but the wake is from the stern only. Furthermore, if the wind
was dead on the beam, the boat behind the Santana would be running and
NOT on a reach! The Santana is pointing much higher.
Now, to drive home Jeff's senile idiocy a bit faster, here is the
following shot taken seconds later.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...nextsant-1.jpg

Golly! Now...if the boat behind the Santana is on a reach, how could
the Santana now be pointing SO MUCH HIGHER???
Simple for anyone with a brain. She's only a bit higher. In fact you
can still see the wake from the 1st shot after the executed her move.
Heart of Gold has simply fallen off to get a shot of her starboard
side. So now it's obvious that the Santana wasn't sliding (something
hard to manage anyway while showing obvious forward movement in my
pic!). She was turning. Or maybe that second shot was created by ILM,
right old man???!!!!
That's what we were doing. Sailing, having fun and taking pics. Fast
boats and great sails mean a wide range of acceptable sail-sets. You
can tweak if you want to, but boats like the Santana or 35s5 are not
noted for weather helm issues. In fact the 35s5 with her wing was
right there with the Santana and J30 upwind!

Poor Jeff!!! He doesn't know **** about boats or trim and I just
proved it. Now he'll sit back and give us a long winded dull-ass
speech about how the flagen with the dragon has the brew that is true,
but we all know the real deal.
Dumbass cat sailors always run that BS about how they used to run fast
fun monohulls to make up for the fact they bring their living rooms
sailing! Jeff is exactly that sort.
Oh and I have a few more pics to rip him with, but let's read his
dopey posts 1st!

Oh, and....BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

RB
35s5