posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

On Aug 20, 3:57 am, "Scout" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 13, 5:03 am, wrote:
To the 8/12/07 Captain of the Miss Beach Haven:

I've sailed and motored the waters between Sandy Hook and Cape May for
5 decades and I've rarely seen such an inconsiderate act as I saw on
the morning of Sunday, August 12, when the Miss Beach Haven, with
complete disregard for the safety of others, steamed through the very
narrow channel near Goosebar Sedge, throwing so much water so closely
to us that you caused an injury to my crew when she fell in the
galley.

With a decent Westerly breeze, we were making good way South on a beam
reach, and were flowing with traffic, not tacking across the channel
(i.e., I was not in your way). When I saw you bearing down on us at
such a high speed, I was forced to fire up my engine, get out of the
channel, and circle around to meet your enormous wake, which had I
allowed it to broadside us, could have easily caused a more severe
injury to my crew.

I will not forget your ignorance or your lack of empathy for the small
boater in a narrow channel. The captain of a ship your size is morally
obligated to consider the safety of those around you, but you did not
in any way show consideration for the safety of my family and crew. I
must now take action, and will make it a point to watch and video tape
you. I will also report this and any further safety incidents to the
U.S. Coastguard. You leave a trail of enemies and damage in the wake
of your carelessness, and I will spread the word of your incompetence
far and wide around LBI and Southern New Jersey.

Whoever captained Miss Beach Haven that day is a disgrace to his title
and his license.http://www.missbeachhaven.com/

B.J. Law
Captain, Sailor, and not one who soon forgets those who would hurt or
jeopardize the safety of others.

I wrote him a note saying he should not be in business.

Thanks Bart, I appreciate your support!

Scout, So you were the one that started this
thread? Now I know it is not BS. Do you
keep your boat near there? I'll be driving
down there in a few weeks. Perhaps we
can meet for lunch.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

Ah, such freshness. Such originality!

haha, like this?
"you're an ass"
brilliant!

But the difference is that in reprising the "no offense" from your patently
offensive post, I added a twist of sarcasm missing from the original.
Perhaps I shouldn't have expected you to pick up on that.

Difference between thrusting a rapier and firing a blunderbuss.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

Ah, such freshness. Such originality!

haha, like this?
"you're an ass"
brilliant!

But the difference is that in reprising the "no offense" from your
patently offensive post, I added a twist of sarcasm missing from the
original. Perhaps I shouldn't have expected you to pick up on that.

Difference between thrusting a rapier and firing a blunderbuss.

Give it up Dave, you've got nothing.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 20, 3:57 am, "Scout" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 13, 5:03 am, wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bart - please let me know when you are making the trip. My work load
is ramping up but if I can sneak out for half a day I'd love to meet you and
do a lunch!
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

Scout, So you were the one that started this
thread? Now I know it is not BS. Do you
keep your boat near there? I'll be driving
down there in a few weeks. Perhaps we
can meet for lunch.

Thanks Bart - please let me know when you are making the

trip. My work load
is ramping up but if I can sneak out for half a day I'd

love to meet you and
do a lunch!
Scout

Hey, I'll come too, if Bart's buying.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

Scout, So you were the one that started this
thread? Now I know it is not BS. Do you
keep your boat near there? I'll be driving
down there in a few weeks. Perhaps we
can meet for lunch.

Thanks Bart - please let me know when you are making the

trip. My work load

is ramping up but if I can sneak out for half a day I'd

love to meet you and

do a lunch!
Scout

Hey, I'll come too, if Bart's buying.

Scotty

Warning! Warning! I have first hand knowledge of Scotty's appetite from
a very reliable source! If he comes along make sure you go to one of
those cheapo all you can eat buffet places!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

love to meet you and

do a lunch!
Scout

Hey, I'll come too, if Bart's buying.

Scotty

Warning! Warning! I have first hand knowledge of Scotty's

appetite from
a very reliable source! If he comes along make sure you go

to one of
those cheapo all you can eat buffet places!

yeah, and don't bring any tomatoes!

JURY DUTY scbafreak via BoatKB.com ASA 0 February 7th 07 10:25 PM
In honor of the season and... Reggie Smithers General 0 December 23rd 05 01:08 AM
OT Medal of Honor thunder ASA 5 August 9th 04 04:50 AM
Burial duty Parallax Boat Building 2 June 20th 04 02:51 PM