posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default Duty, Honor, Safety

On Aug 20, 3:57 am, "Scout" wrote:
"Bart" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 13, 5:03 am, wrote:
To the 8/12/07 Captain of the Miss Beach Haven:

I've sailed and motored the waters between Sandy Hook and Cape May for
5 decades and I've rarely seen such an inconsiderate act as I saw on
the morning of Sunday, August 12, when the Miss Beach Haven, with
complete disregard for the safety of others, steamed through the very
narrow channel near Goosebar Sedge, throwing so much water so closely
to us that you caused an injury to my crew when she fell in the
galley.

With a decent Westerly breeze, we were making good way South on a beam
reach, and were flowing with traffic, not tacking across the channel
(i.e., I was not in your way). When I saw you bearing down on us at
such a high speed, I was forced to fire up my engine, get out of the
channel, and circle around to meet your enormous wake, which had I
allowed it to broadside us, could have easily caused a more severe
injury to my crew.

I will not forget your ignorance or your lack of empathy for the small
boater in a narrow channel. The captain of a ship your size is morally
obligated to consider the safety of those around you, but you did not
in any way show consideration for the safety of my family and crew. I
must now take action, and will make it a point to watch and video tape
you. I will also report this and any further safety incidents to the
U.S. Coastguard. You leave a trail of enemies and damage in the wake
of your carelessness, and I will spread the word of your incompetence
far and wide around LBI and Southern New Jersey.

Whoever captained Miss Beach Haven that day is a disgrace to his title
and his license.http://www.missbeachhaven.com/

B.J. Law
Captain, Sailor, and not one who soon forgets those who would hurt or
jeopardize the safety of others.

I wrote him a note saying he should not be in business.

Thanks Bart, I appreciate your support!

Scout, So you were the one that started this
thread? Now I know it is not BS. Do you
keep your boat near there? I'll be driving
down there in a few weeks. Perhaps we
can meet for lunch.