posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Eat your heart out, Bubbles

On May 9, 7:20?am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Max, the only one eating their heart out is Sloco's,

Still can't read can ya. Did my post sound like I was eating my heart
out. I posted "very cool" BTW, I had conversations with the
Annapolis dealer for months when the 1D35 was introduced. I decided
that the boat deserved more commitment than I wanted to give. I could
never make all the races. I enjoy coming home to my country estate
too much.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Still can't read can ya. Did my post sound like I was eating my
heart
out. I posted "very cool" BTW, I had conversations with the
Annapolis dealer for months when the 1D35 was introduced. I decided
that the boat deserved more commitment than I wanted to give.

Uh huh. Yeah, sure.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

BTW, I had conversations with the
Annapolis dealer for months when the 1D35 was introduced.

Wow! You spoke to an actual sales person? You're like almost the 1D35
designer!
Sloco, you're such a F'n idiot.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Wow! You spoke to an actual sales person? You're like almost the 1D35
designer!

Does anyone know what this ****** means?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

Wow! You spoke to an actual sales person? You're like

almost the 1D35
designer!

Does anyone know what this ****** means?

yes, nothing. He means nothing to me.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On May 8, 8:19 pm, "Maxprop" wrote:
It's all over but the exchange of cash. We're about to be the proud owners
of a 1D35

WOW that's most excellent. Those are very fun boats.

... which we'll use for racing in a fleet not far from our home port
on weekends. We'll keep Clover, of course, but much of our sailing will be
racing. Can't make the Wednesday night races, but that's a different series
anyway.

1D35 PHRF: 36
C&C 99 PHRF: 99

Adios, Bubbles.

Max

I wouldn't recommend setting your heart on raking in a lot trophies in
PHRF, at least not in your first season. They are more like sports
boats than conventional keelboats. OTOH if you get a distance race
with a lot of reaching, you got it made.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 8, 8:19 pm, "Maxprop" wrote:
[...]

The PHRF ratings were simply a comparison for Bubbles' sake. We'll race in
the one-design fleet. I haven't had much experience with the boat yet, but
everyone else in the fleet says it is truly a sailor's fleet, the boats
being quite equal. Which means we'll no doubt trail most of the other boats
for a while until we gain some experience. No shiny hardware for quite a
while by my reckoning. As for PHRF racing in these boats, I'm told it's
quite difficult to sail to the rating. I'd be better off sailing Clover in
the PHRF fleet, thanks to her "gift" rating.

Sailing the 1D35 was quite an eye-opener this past weekend. We had about
10-12kts with gusts to 15 from the NW on Sunday, which clocked to SW by mid
afternoon. The boat accelerates as if it weighs nothing. We watched an
experienced crew with more rail meat than we had planing a bit in the
stronger gusts. It generally takes closer to 20kts. to get up on plane, but
they had the boat flying for brief periods. Kewl.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

How many boats in your 1D35 fleet?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net..
..

.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
How many boats in your 1D35 fleet?

Only five presently, but two more are on the way according to the fleet
captain.

Max