posted to alt.sailing.asa
Dry

Default "I crossed the ocean for a Heart of Gold"

That's like a Mooron sitting on an Oxymooron.

Joe wrote:

Hey Nerd,

Did you have on your Spock ears when you came up with that name?

I do like William Shatner in Boston Legal. Ever watch that show?

I bet "Heart Of Gold" will only engage the "Infinite Improbability
Drive" while at the dock.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Heart of Gold

No, it's not from the song...good song though.
No, it's no reflection cast by my own black lump of coal thudding away
in my manly chest.
No, it's not named for any other sailing vessel of envied reputation.

It is in fact named for the ship, Heart of Gold featured in
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. My boat was one of three Beneteau 1st
35s5's specially fitted with Infinite Improbability Drive. Folks, like
poor Joe and Bart, who don't read and lack imagination, got it 100%
wrong as usual.

To learn more about this advanced system read he
http://www.answers.com/topic/infinit...bability-drive

On her port and starboard is the name "Heart of Gold" and on her stern
above the enviable swim platform is the IID emblem.
As a bit of trivia, the bridge of the Starship Enterprise has a button
labeled "Infinite Improbablity Drive" though no one ever dared to
engage it while underway!

Pictures to be posted when I return in about 5 weeks. Face facts,
losers of Alt.Sailing.asa...even the name of my boat shows more
imagination than most of you have had in your entire lubberly lives!

Capt. RB
35s5 "Heart of Gold"
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

All it shows is that your boat, like the book you named it from, is
pure fictopn...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default "I crossed the kitchen for a Piece of Toast"

http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data...non/536595.JPG

Heart of Toast

No, it's not from the song...good song though.
No, it's no reflection cast by my own black turd floating
away
in my manly toilet.
No, it's not named for any other toaster of envied
reputation.

It is in fact named for the toaster featured in
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. My toaster was one of
three B & D
4002Bs specially fitted with Infinite Improbability
Toasting. Folks, like
poor Bob and Bill, who don't read and lack imagination, got

http://www.answers.com/topic/infinit...bility-toaster

On her port and starboard is the name "Heart of Gold" and on
her stern
above the enviable swim platform is the IIT emblem.
As a bit of trivia, the bridge of the Starship Enterprise
has a toaster
labeled "Infinite Improbablity Toast" though no one ever
dared to
engage it while underway! Captain Kirk LOVED his bagels!

And, BTW, my toaster is worth more than Bob's 5th floor walk
up
closet that he lives in.

Head Toaster SV
4002B "Heart of Toast"
PA

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

So is the "Infinite Improbability" that you'll sail out of sight of land?

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahaahaa!!!!!!!

BTW: Thanks for the projector info.

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default "I crossed the ocean in my dreams, then I wet the bed and woke up"

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Capt. RB
35s5 "Heart of Gold"
NY

bubbles it is then!

Bwaahhaahhahahahhahahahhahhahahhaaha

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...31781966mBGgfL

How ironic, even talking about crossing an ocean.
Sorry, make that "pathetic"

John Cairns