posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Crime Plummets!!!

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jeff" wrote in message

Like many others, he suggests that perhaps the VT killings could have
been prevented if students and teachers were permitted to carry guns.
This is ignoring the fact that campuses are extremely safe, with a
homicide rate that is a small fraction of the national average. (Last
year there were perhaps 20 murders on campus, which collectively are the
size of a major city.) Its hard to believe that arming a significant
number of kids would make it safer.

Much as it troubles me to agree with you g I have to do so in this case.
Killings, with or without guns, are simply going to happen, on campus or
off. All the well-meaning legislation to prevent such events will be as
useful as attempting to milk a bull. But arming college kids, whose daily
mentality and activities are strongly influenced by testosterone, alcohol,
and drugs, would seem to be akin to pouring gasoline on the fire.

Max

You obviously have not attended college in Laramie!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 May 2007 20:41:05 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Err...Jon, that piece didn't say anything about the piece on gun crime.
It
was a simple hit-piece attacking Stoessel himself. Not a particularly
good
hit-piece at that. Reminded me of the FBI reports tagging X as an
"associate
of organized crime" because X once ate at Umberto's Clam House.

Exactly my point... Stoessel is a right-wing stooge.

IOW, rather than dealing with the message you'd prefer to attack the
messenger.

Why am I not surprised?

Why would you be? Attacking the messenger is the common practice of the
far left these days.

Max

Also consider that you are arguing with someone with the maturity level of a
young teenager.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

Also consider that you are arguing with someone with the

maturity level of a
young teenager.

as opposed to an old teenager?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
* katy wrote, On 5/8/2007 1:54 PM:

Nonsense. It might have been different if Stoessel had actually
provided some evidence for his claims, but he didn't. A few anecdotes
such as an old lady who showed a shotgun and scared off an alleged
intruder is meaningless. Using Washington, DC as an example of anything
is meaningless as it's a subway ride from VA which until recently was
the "easy buy" capital of the East Coast.

So what's wrong wrong with pointing out that a heavily biased
commentator is simply spewing more of his unsupported silliness?

The supporting documentation is in his book...that was specidfied at the
beginning of the program....

I didn't watch the full program, though I did see some, and I watch the
videos on abc.com. There is no mention of gun control or gun violence in
either of Stossel's books. The recent book has a list of supporting
research in the back - nothing there relates to gun control. It appears
that gun control is an issue he's jumped on recently.

Like many others, he suggests that perhaps the VT killings could have been
prevented if students and teachers were permitted to carry guns. This is
ignoring the fact that campuses are extremely safe, with a homicide rate
that is a small fraction of the national average. (Last year there were
perhaps 20 murders on campus, which collectively are the size of a major
city.) Its hard to believe that arming a significant number of kids would
make it safer.

If nothing else, adding a million or so guns to the campuses couldn't
possibly lower the suicide rate - there are over 1000 a year. Oddly, the
suicide rate on campus is about half that in non-students of the same age
group.

Which I suppose is too bad, since that's where liberals are known to be....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

crapola removed

You aren't really expecting a response from Jon to this, are you?

Max

Max, please don't repost Neal's crap. He's just an angry guy, and it just
makes his condition worse.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

said:

Err...Jon, that piece didn't say anything about the piece on gun
crime. It
was a simple hit-piece attacking Stoessel himself. Not a particularly
good
hit-piece at that. Reminded me of the FBI reports tagging X as an
"associate
of organized crime" because X once ate at Umberto's Clam House.

Exactly my point... Stoessel is a right-wing stooge.

IOW, rather than dealing with the message you'd prefer to attack the
messenger.

Why am I not surprised?

There's nothing "deal with" as far as the message goes, because of the
source. Why am I not surprised you don't get that.

The same could be said about you. (left-wing stooge) But Dave and others
have argued the gist of the messages with you, rather than just
proclaiming you to be a left-wing stooge and dismissed therein. Your
dismissal of Stossel is pointless and disingenuous.

Max

I don't think I can be categorized so simply. I rarely point to a left-wing
apologist as a source of fact. Please feel free to repost an example if you
can. I can easily dismiss him, because he has no rational argument.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

said:

Err...Jon, that piece didn't say anything about the piece on gun crime.
It
was a simple hit-piece attacking Stoessel himself. Not a particularly
good
hit-piece at that. Reminded me of the FBI reports tagging X as an
"associate
of organized crime" because X once ate at Umberto's Clam House.

Exactly my point... Stoessel is a right-wing stooge.

IOW, rather than dealing with the message you'd prefer to attack the
messenger.

Why am I not surprised?

Why would you be? Attacking the messenger is the common practice of the
far left these days.

Max

Compared to what the right-wing has done for the last 8 years (or more).
Well, ok.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

said:

Err...Jon, that piece didn't say anything about the piece on gun
crime. It
was a simple hit-piece attacking Stoessel himself. Not a particularly
good
hit-piece at that. Reminded me of the FBI reports tagging X as an
"associate
of organized crime" because X once ate at Umberto's Clam House.

Exactly my point... Stoessel is a right-wing stooge.

IOW, rather than dealing with the message you'd prefer to attack the
messenger.

Why am I not surprised?

Why would you be? Attacking the messenger is the common practice of the
far left these days.

Max

Also consider that you are arguing with someone with the maturity level of
a young teenager.

Really... well, I'm sure you can back up your assertion. Go for it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

Also consider that you are arguing with someone with the

maturity level of a
young teenager.

as opposed to an old teenager?

I always wanted to be 19 again... even when I was 12.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jeff" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, but I did, for one semester. I pledged ATO and lived in Wyo Hall for
the duration. Then transferred to Indiana University. Changed majors to
something Wyoming didn't have.

Max

How many more? katy ASA 109 April 23rd 07 03:54 AM
"For Illegal Aliens, Crime Pays - and So Do We": A Shocking Report All Americans Need to Read [email protected] General 8 December 7th 06 02:48 AM
Boat Crime Prevention Tips [email protected] General 0 February 24th 05 10:59 PM
OT More RTC states, less crime Don White General 29 June 16th 04 02:48 PM
Britain, Australia top U.S. in violent crime HUh? ASA 6 November 14th 03 05:50 PM