posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sold.

OzOne wrote in message ...
Got an offer on the Bavaria I bought last year and it was just too
good to resist after deciding that I needed to divest myself of a few
toys for which there were just not enough hours in the day.
She's going to a new home in Brisbane where she'll be doing regular
excursions around the Pacific in the hands of 2 retired guys and their
wives. I wish them well.

We have a few assorted Bavarias in our area now. What impressed me most
about them is how fast they are. They seem to have an additional knot on
boats that should be at least as fast based on LWL. What's the story?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:57:08 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..
Got an offer on the Bavaria I bought last year and it was just too
good to resist after deciding that I needed to divest myself of a few
toys for which there were just not enough hours in the day.
She's going to a new home in Brisbane where she'll be doing regular
excursions around the Pacific in the hands of 2 retired guys and their
wives. I wish them well.

We have a few assorted Bavarias in our area now. What impressed me most
about them is how fast they are. They seem to have an additional knot on
boats that should be at least as fast based on LWL. What's the story?

Max

What area is that Max?
A friend (who put me on to this one) has one in Long Beach CA

Great Lakes. Lake Michigan, more specifically. They do really well on flat
water, but I have yet to see how they take bigger seas. Probably about like
most Euro charter boats--not bad, but not great either. A friend has an '05
38 which he bought new. Damn boat does almost 9kts. with a 155% jenny and
17kts. of wind. I like the composite cabin soles--they are virtually
indestructible.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 01 May 2007 03:50:22 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

Great Lakes. Lake Michigan, more specifically. They do really well on
flat
water, but I have yet to see how they take bigger seas. Probably about
like
most Euro charter boats--not bad, but not great either. A friend has an
'05
38 which he bought new. Damn boat does almost 9kts. with a 155% jenny and
17kts. of wind. I like the composite cabin soles--they are virtually
indestructible.

Max

When the guys sailed mine out here, we had the soles and some other
stuff shipped out.
Temp soles were made of marine ply for the journey.

How come? I doubt if you could inflict much damage on those soles.

Max

Sold the Scout - new twist Eisboch General 59 April 2nd 07 06:09 PM
Sold! Flying Tadpole ASA 7 December 20th 06 10:13 AM
Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap Katzowtadbag Tall Ships 0 December 30th 05 01:36 AM
FS: Sold Boats in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 25th 04 01:15 PM
FS: O'Day in NY, SOLD Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 9th 04 12:26 PM