posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Navy boarding

Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight sailors
(all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm. Very
professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings plastered all
over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The officer and one crew
came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly interested
in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings. His English
wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for poachers. After
several attempts he accepted some water for himself and his crew... damn hot
day.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 27, 10:09 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight sailors
(all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm. Very
professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings plastered all
over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The officer and one crew
came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly interested
in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings. His English
wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for poachers. After
several attempts he accepted some water for himself and his crew... damn hot
day.

--
"j" ganz

Every time I entered Mexican waters we were boarded. Show them
papers, give them soda, smokes, and playboy magazines, and they are
happy as can be....no problemo.

PS don't let them find your M-16's unless you want to do hard time.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

They were reluctant to accept anything from us. It was such a warm day, that
they finally relented and took the bottled water.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight sailors
(all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm. Very
professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings plastered
all over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The officer and one
crew came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly interested
in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings. His English
wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for poachers. After
several attempts he accepted some water for himself and his crew... damn
hot day.

If the US Navy boarded a boatload of Mexicans, it would be considered
racism.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight
sailors (all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm.
Very professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings
plastered all over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The
officer and one crew came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly
interested in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings.
His English wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for
poachers. After several attempts he accepted some water for himself and
his crew... damn hot day.

If the US Navy boarded a boatload of Mexicans, it would be considered
racism.

By whom?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

If the US Navy boarded a boatload of Mexicans, it would be

considered
racism.

Not if they needed their lawns mowed.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 27, 10:09 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight sailors
(all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm. Very
professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings plastered all
over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The officer and one crew
came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly interested
in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings. His English
wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for poachers. After
several attempts he accepted some water for himself and his crew... damn hot
day.

--
"j" ganz

Did you catch any of thoses giant man attacking squids in the sea of
Cortez?
Did the permits cover squids and langosta? What did the permits cost?

How was the fishing?

Joe

Joe

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Joe, or is it Joe, Joe, Joe...

Not sure what you're referring to. Didn't fish, but were required to carry
the permits. It was included in the rental, so no extra charge.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 29, 1:26 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

The Sea of Cortez is famous for it's giant squids...the place if full
of them. If you fall overboard they have been know to get into a
frenzy and eat people. Each of it's arms are covered with suckers and
razor sharp teeth. Excellent spiced up, floured and fried.

http://www.mexfish.com/fish/hbsquid/hbsquidcast.jpg

Damn Jon, you sailed some of the best fishing grounds on earth and
did not catch any fish.......Bummer.

Joe, Joe, Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 29, 1:26 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

J3, didn't even try. I, Smokey, Batman, and Red were mostly interested in
drinking and sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Boat for FREE! HUGE house batteries, great liveaboard. Larry Cruising 14 March 15th 07 01:52 AM
Hull Material Evaluation for Navy 44 Sail Training Craft Mic Cruising 0 August 27th 05 02:47 AM
Adrift 500 Feet Under the Sea, a Minute Was an Eternity MrPepper11 General 4 May 25th 05 10:14 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Italy furious- Navy cover(-ed) up sub accident WalterScottGray General 15 November 26th 03 01:58 PM