posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Navy boarding

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 27, 10:09 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Did I mention we were boarded by the Mexican Navy while in Baja... very
interesting experience. They came along side with a skiff... eight
sailors
(all toting M-16s or similar) and the officer with a sidearm. Very
professional. We were the only boat in sight... with Moorings plastered
all
over, so it was pretty obvious we were charterers. The officer and one
crew
came aboard, while the others stayed on the skiff.

The officer asked to see the boat documentation, but was mostly
interested
in the fishing permits (up-to-date) courtesy of the Moorings. His English
wasn't that great, but basically they were looking for poachers. After
several attempts he accepted some water for himself and his crew... damn
hot
day.

--
"j" ganz

Did you catch any of thoses giant man attacking squids in the sea of
Cortez?
Did the permits cover squids and langosta? What did the permits cost?

How was the fishing?

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe, or is it Joe, Joe, Joe...

Not sure what you're referring to. Didn't fish, but were required to carry
the permits. It was included in the rental, so no extra charge.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com