posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default City Lights? If that's all you can afford.....

What an amazing weekend! On Friday I took Thomas sailing on a friend's
Islander 28 and we had a total blast....and we didn't forget the
sunscreen like some puppet heads in this group do!
Saturday we assembled Tom's swing set and tower which was a pretty big
job. The company that makes them said it would take two weekends, but
of course we got it done in two days. More sailing tomorrow!

Here's Thomas in a little sequence....

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...urrent=Set.jpg

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=SlideC.jpg

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=SlideB.jpg

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=slideA.jpg

Suzanne just took a walk with him down to the stream and tonight we'll
be BBQing up a storm! If the weather holds there will be more sailing
Thursday while the rest of you sit and post! Then again on the
weekend!
I know Dave is walking to Lincoln Center, assuming he's not brutally
raped, mugged, steps on a crack hypo or returns to find his cubicle of
an apartment ransacked by Gayanzy and his underwear missing!
No thanks! We'll keep our lovely, clean, crime free slice of paradise
with crystal streams you can drink from!

Of course we'll be in Manhattan later this week to see a private
screening of Spiderman 3!

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I'm sure the City must be a scary place for someone from Forrest
Hills
and the sticks. But you really ought to get out and about more to see
for yourself.

Sorry, Joe, I'm in NYC plenty and even though Rudy turned it partially
into a strip mall, there is still tons of garbage, homeless and worse
on the streets. Sirens still wail all night and the traffic density
makes breathing unhealthy. Living spaces are tiny, parks are filthy
and the sidewalk is a steaming mass of humananity in the ot summers.
This is why almost all of my friends moved out. The only ones who
didn't or childless. Beyond that I never cared for the city as a place
to live and I lived on the West side near the Museum of Natural
history for a while. Great apartment, great food, great theatre....but
now we have land, 2000 Sq feet of living space, two outdoor decks (one
partially enclosed, and the one thing that's just better for anyone
and everyone....some peace and quiet.

If I were so crass. I'd tell you how many of your little stick
houses
in the boondocks that "cubicle of an apartment" would buy. But I'm
not, so I won't. Hell, I expect most of our doormen could probably
buy
the house next to you if one of them wanted to.

LOL!!! My house was just under 400K with 2.5 acres. The land we closed
on nearby was 390K. Now that's not even cheap. Suzanne's sister lives
in a landmark house in PA. It's 22 rooms on 3 acres and cost just 200K
and is stunning. A tiny Manhattan cubucile may be expensive, but it's
not good quality of life. Now, we do know someone with a HUGE
apartment on the Eastside. It's a building that was not carved up and
her apartment has 5 bedrooms and I'd gamble that it's got as much room
as our house. Still no land, but it's a great place. Do you live in
one of those? She's paying 8K a month and she also has an Oscar on her
shelf. Of course she also has a lakefront house....and it's 20 minutes
from us!

So you make the two hour trek into the City and back, and you do it
watch a MOVIE????

Private screening of Spiderman 3 in a HD theatre (audience of less
than 100 people) with a great dinner served before and probably
meeting with one of the producers and maybe some of the actors. Yup,
we're going. Sounds like fun. We like movies.
Believe me, even living here we do more in the city than you do
because we have the resources. You don't. And don't even try to claim
that you do. As I have said, we have a friend in common and you're not
affording too many B'Way shows!

Sorry, Dave. You're outgunned worse than a shuttlecraft taking on the
Enterprise D!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I was in Manhattan today, 61st , between W, End and 11th.
You know the school there?

Scotty

"Dave" wrote in message

So you make the two hour trek into the City and back, and

you do it to
watch a MOVIE????

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The man ain't got no culchya.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

As I said, if I were as crass as you I'd tell you how many of those my
apt.
would buy.

Nothing crass about it, Dave. As I said, you don't get a good quality
of living in Manhattan unless you're living in a huge apartment and
pulling down 200-300K per year at least. Many of my friends make that
and still moved out. They wanted room and a clean place to live. They
couldn't stand where you live at all once they became adults with
families. I do have a friend with twins in Manhattan. She lives on
14th street and bought two floors to be her "house" when she can't be
at her real home in Sleepy Hollow. You just don't get it, Dave. You
have no money, so you're trapped in a hovel that's close to your job.
Most of graduated well beyond that. I don't have to work more than a
few hours a day and NO commute. Suzanne drives 20 minutes to one of
the best hospitals in the US (her new job) and is just working 2 days
per week. She's not even 40. We've both owned houses before.
What happened to you? Oh, right....we both know!

Enjoy your "valuable" apartment! Hey, my father owns an apartment in
what's left of the Village. He rents it out and would never want to
stay there...nor would I. I guess I'll inherit it someday...and sell
it in a hot second. Then again, he may sell it sooner due to NYC
flooding likely to occur soon from global warming. I hope you're above
the 20-30 FT sea level mark that every scientist in the world is
agreeing on!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On 23 Apr 2007 17:41:25 -0700, "Capt. Rob"

wrote:

As I said, if I were as crass as you I'd tell you how

many of those my
apt.
would buy.

Nothing crass about it, Dave.

Undoubtedly the case in your crowd.

Dear god, you think there's more like him?

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p...?action=view¤t...

[...]

Funny you use to bragg about the city parks, and how your daddy said
to rent....never own. Something like " We belong to the earth, the
earth does not belong to us" kinda non-sence. Now you left because of
all the junkie rigs lining the streets and clean fresh stream water to
drink thats a short commute to NYC.

Bwahahahahahahahahhahaha yeah right bubbles. How's that Govt job
coming along?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

I know Dave is walking to Lincoln Center, assuming he's not brutally
raped, mugged, steps on a crack hypo or returns to find his cubicle of
an apartment ransacked by Gayanzy and his underwear missing!

Are there more or less blacks percentage wise living where you are at now
than where you used to live?

You are a racist!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

I know Dave is walking to Lincoln Center, assuming he's not brutally
raped, mugged, steps on a crack hypo or returns to find his cubicle of
an apartment ransacked by Gayanzy and his underwear missing!

Are there more or less blacks percentage wise living where you are at now
than where you used to live?

You are a racist!

Poor Bob. He's pretty obsessive/compulsive, and very angry, apparently.
Fortunately, I've plonked him long ago. Unfortunately, people repost his
trolls.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

LOL!!! The land we closed
on nearby was 390K. Now that's not even cheap.

9+ acres of lakefront I bet! Just like you said:

http://tinyurl.com/33qn5g

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Poor Bob. He's pretty obsessive/compulsive, and very angry,
apparently.
Fortunately, I've plonked him long ago. Unfortunately, people repost
his
trolls.

It's interesting and 100% true that Gayanzy tried to "meet me" and
Mooron as well. I spoke to Mooron about it and he felt there was
something creepy about it and neither of us responded. Not long after
that Gayanzy decided to netkop Mooron again and again and me as well.
Mooron agreed with my anology that Gayanzy can't fend for himself and
"ran to daddy." Mooron got tired of it and left, but I spoke to him
afterwards and Gayanzy continued with it for a while.
Anyone who was in touch with Mooron can e-mail him directly and ask
him about it. So when I type "Gayanzy" I do so with some confidence.

RB
35s5
NY