Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Is uncoated fiberglass affected by UV?

In article ,
Milton Waddams wrote:
Does uncoated fiberglass lose it's strength with long term exposure to
UV light? Should I cover it with paint or gelcoat? This is some wooden
thing I built and coated with cloth and resin. Thanks all,

Milton

Yes, you need to cover it. Fiberglass does degrade with UV
exposure. That's why you cover it.

Do a google search for details.

Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelcoat for the quick and dirty....
--