posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default A friend of mine

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 13:12:04 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:03:24 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:38:19 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news:0csdu2t0j1tgjie58aqc6g4tr0ac8122ba@4ax. com...
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:26:31 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news:ferdu2la8sffd6if5s7n5umjtpg3lh7hfm@4a x.com...
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:37:03 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

A friend of mine has a sailboat that's about fifteen meters in
length.
The other day his vessel was the subject of a USCG safety
check.
Among
couple other things, he got written up for not having a bell.
He
had
whistle. The citation said he was in violation of Rule 33(a)
which
says
the boat is required to have a whistle and a bell. I told him
fight
it because the citation won't stand up in court. Why am I
right?

Wilbur Hubbard

Bell is required for vessels 20 meters in length, or more.

Are you su

Rule 33
Equipment for Sound Signals
(a) A vessel of 12 meters or more in length shall be provided
with
whistle

Here's where you omitted some text...

, a vessel of 20 meters or more in length shall be provided with
bell in addition to a whistle,

and here's where you added some text:
and a bell

and a vessel of 100 meters or more in length shall,
in addition be provided with a gong, the tone and sound of which
cannot
be confused with that of the bell. The whistle, bell and gong
shall
comply with the specifications in Annex III to these
Regulations.
The
bell or gong or both may be replaced by other equipment having
the
same
respective sound characteristics, provided that manual sounding
of
the
prescribed signals shall always be possible.
(b) A vessel of less than 12 meters in length shall not be
obliged
carry the sound signaling appliances prescribed in paragraph (a)
of
this
Rule but if she does not, she shall be provided with some other
means
of
making an efficient signal.

Wilbur Hubbard

I added or omitted nothing. It was a copy and paste directly from
he
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknow...g/colregs.html
See for yourself.

Wilbur Hubbard

Here, look at a CURRENT and CORRECT copy from the source:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/mwv_f...Rules32-38.pdf

CWM

Well, it took you long enough to finally arrive at the correct
answer.

No it didn't I gave the correct answer right off the bat. You asked
why the citation would not stand up, and I said it was because the
bell was not required for boats under 20 meters in length under
33(a).
My answer is correct no matter how fast you tap dance.

CWM

You were, at most, only half right. For international waters you were
right. For inland waters you were wrong. But you didn't know in which
waters the boat in question was operating. You didn't ask either. You
just assumed. This demonstrates you were ignorant and had no problem
remaining ignorant. But, nobody really expects anything but ignorance
from you Bitty Bill!

Wilbur Hubbard

Lay down. You're tired.

CWM

Take an English class. You're showing your ignorance yet again. You
should have typed, "Lie down." slap, slap. You're just too easy.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message ...

You were, at most, only half right.

He's also half-assed.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message ...

You were, at most, only half right.

He's also half-assed.

Nah! He's definitely ALL ass!

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:57:17 -0500, Scotty wrote
(in article ):

What, no mention of registration requirements!

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
One has only to consult the Old Testament where The Lord

himself instructs
Noah on the building and regulations of watercraft. Behold

the Book of
Genesis:

006:014 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou

make in the
ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with

pitch.

006:015 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it

of: The
length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits,

the breadth
of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty

cubits.

006:016 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a

cubit shalt thou
finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt

thou set in the
side thereof; with lower, second, and third

stories shalt thou
make it. Since thyne Ark is greater than 3 cubits

though shall
equip it with a bell made of the finest brass,
a rams horn capable of soundeth thyne collision alarm,
a vest filled within of the kapok reed, one for each

living being aboard
thyne Ark,
A candle that burneth green and one that burneth red to be

held one in each
hand,
thy buckets shall be made of the cedar-wood,
and not lastly a platform made from the beech tree to be

fixed astern
slightly above the waterline.

006:017 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters

upon the
earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath

of life,
from under heaven; and every thing that is in the

earth shall
die.

006:018 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and

thou shalt
come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy

wife, and thy
sons' wives with thee.

Praise!

Or mention of mistresses....... Myth busted!

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

Lay down. You're tired.

CWM

Take an English class. You're showing your ignorance yet again. You
should have typed, "Lie down." slap, slap. You're just too easy.

Wilbur Hubbard

Maybe he wants you to get laid? (lay-ed?)

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Binnacle-Bill" wrote in message
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

Lay down. You're tired.

CWM

Take an English class. You're showing your ignorance yet again. You
should have typed, "Lie down." slap, slap. You're just too easy.

Wilbur Hubbard

Maybe he wants you to get laid? (lay-ed?)

Bill

No, I'm afraid he's just another faggot. Women don't factor into his
equation.

Wilbur Hubbard

Portable VHF Gift for a Friend... Harry Krause General 13 November 30th 03 02:30 PM
Donal's Old Friend Thom Stewart ASA 3 November 2nd 03 10:07 PM
Our missing friend akasharkbow General 2 September 29th 03 11:28 AM
For a friend.......... Bill Kiene General 4 August 12th 03 05:49 AM