posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Who are you going to listen to??

Maxprop wrote:
"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
thlink.net..
.

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
om...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is pretty

stagnant by now.)

We add chlorine pills every two years.

Might want to throw out those 1965 canned beans, though.

Max

But you can keep the Twinkies...they last forever...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
jlrogers±³© wrote:
"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
.net...

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that,

then you've

haven't studied history and you're to young to have

learned it from

experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday

predictions becoming

popular notions. I lived through the global cooling

hysteria of the 70's, so

please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true

believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a

million degrees. I

don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the

historical record

shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets

really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

Funny you should ask. In '63 my father built an underground house with
5,000 square feet. The roof of the house was 16 feet underground. It
was such a hit they had to move out and open it to the public for a year,
just to let the hoopla die down so they could move back in without the
doorbell ringing constantly. The house was featured in Life magazine and
Walter Cronkite had a segment called "Tu Tu's Tour of the Underground
House." Tu Tu was an 75 pound Chow Chow who loved cameras, posing if you
just held your hands to your face while saying "Smile." It was such a
hit, my Dad built one for the World's Fair in New York. Made the Wall
Street Journal and hundreds of papers across the country.

So you're a troll?

Never lived there myself. I was in Viet Nam at the time.

--
jlrogers±³©

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
om...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
y.net...

[...]

What were you doing in Nam in '63?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazzd. com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
gy.net...

[...]

Snuffing gooks.

--
jlrogers±³©

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazzd .com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
igy.net...

[...]

I was only 11 at the time...I remember Buddhist monks setting fire to
themselves..

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

jlrogers±³© wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazz d.com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
digy.net...

[...]

Collateral damage. The Buddhists were the class of the True Believers.
--
jlrogers±³©

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in
Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is

pretty
stagnant by now.)

We add chlorine pills every two years.

Might want to throw out those 1,965 canned beans, though.

We only have 1950 left.

Capt SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:
"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
rthlink.net..
.

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazzd. com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is pretty

stagnant by now.)

We add chlorine pills every two years.

Might want to throw out those 1965 canned beans, though.

Max

But you can keep the Twinkies...they last forever...

This I know,
Much to my chagrin.

For I have
A Twinkie roll
Beneath my chin.

--
jlrogers±³©

posted to alt.sailing.asa

jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
om...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
arthlink.net..
.

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazzd .com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is pretty

stagnant by now.)

We add chlorine pills every two years.

Might want to throw out those 1965 canned beans, though.

Max

But you can keep the Twinkies...they last forever...

This I know,
Much to my chagrin.

For I have
A Twinkie roll
Beneath my chin.

Just think what it will save your family in embalming fluids when you
pass on! You're a very considerate person, Jer...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
jlrogers±³© wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Maxprop wrote:

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:jo2dnaKIr64691PYnZ2dnUVZ_tunnZ2d@dejazzd. com...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
. earthlink.net..
.

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
news:mNadnWfZcYkck1PYnZ2dnUVZ_oernZ2d@dejazz d.com...

Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is pretty

stagnant by now.)

We add chlorine pills every two years.

Might want to throw out those 1965 canned beans, though.

Max

But you can keep the Twinkies...they last forever...

This I know,
Much to my chagrin.

For I have
A Twinkie roll
Beneath my chin.

Just think what it will save your family in embalming fluids when you pass
on! You're a very considerate person, Jer...

Ouch!

--
jlrogers±³©

Who are you gonna listen to? Ellen MacArthur ASA 297 February 10th 07 05:50 AM
Joe...Listen Up.... katy ASA 7 April 18th 06 01:34 AM
Listen to VHF prior to departu [email protected] General 8 October 8th 05 04:34 PM
The dictator has spoken, but do we listen? I don't think so! Arnold Sass ASA 2 September 14th 03 10:09 PM
Listen to the GOLD CUP - on the Net BK Power Boat Racing 0 August 23rd 03 04:32 PM