BoatBanter.com

-   -   Who are you going to listen to?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/78202-who-you-going-listen.html)

jlrogers±³© February 10th 07 05:37 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions becoming
popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of the 70's, so
please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million degrees. I
don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the historical record
shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

CovvTseTung February 10th 07 05:58 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

In article ,
jlrogers±³© says...

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience.

The only thing that we learn from history is that we never learn
from history...

Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions becoming
popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of the 70's, so
please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million degrees. I
don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the historical record
shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

You are insulting the decent hard-working egg-laying hens of the
world.

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
....PK

Capt. JG February 10th 07 06:34 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...
Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions becoming
popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of the 70's,
so please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million degrees.
I don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the historical
record shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets really
hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

Well, what you said is certainly a popular notion.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG February 10th 07 06:36 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..
Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...
Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that,

then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have

learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday

predictions becoming
popular notions. I lived through the global cooling

hysteria of the 70's, so
please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true

believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a

million degrees. I
don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the

historical record
shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets

really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

He gave it up. It was a popular thing to do. Now he has one. But, we're
safer than we were before Saddam was in power in Iraq, so it's now unpopular
to believe that, so he dug one again. Wait, now I'm confused.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Maxprop February 10th 07 09:24 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..
Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

Did yours?

(I'll bet the water in those sealed containers is pretty stagnant by now.)

Max

Maxprop February 10th 07 09:25 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Wait, now I'm confused.

. . . and you've just discovered this??

Max

Maxprop February 10th 07 09:26 PM

Who are you going to listen to??

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...
Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions
becoming popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of
the 70's, so please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million degrees.
I don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the historical
record shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets really
hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

Well, what you said is certainly a popular notion.

Not half as popular as the sky-is-falling, global warming buzz phrases.

Max

katy February 10th 07 09:28 PM

Scotty wrote:
Did your family have a bomb shelter in the 50s?

Capt SV

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that,

then you've

haven't studied history and you're to young to have

learned it from

experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday

predictions becoming

popular notions. I lived through the global cooling

hysteria of the 70's, so

please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true

believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a

million degrees. I

don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the

historical record

shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets

really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

My Dad was a CD guy...we had a geiger counter..it was cool!