posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Abstinence?

OzOne wrote:
Bwaaahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahaa!
Better buy this clown a red nose for Xmas

Bush pushes abstinence on World AIDS Day
10:20 AM December 2

The US President George W Bush has marked World AIDS Day by promoting
abstinence.

In a statement, Mr Bush says abstinence is "the only sure way" to
avoid the spread of the HIV virus that causes AIDS.

He has also met at the White House with groups involved in dealing
with the disease, pledging America's commitment to fighting AIDS.

"The pandemic of HIV AIDS can be defeated and the United States is
willing to take the lead in that fight," he said.

The United Nations says in the 25 years since AIDS was first detected,
it has killed 25 million people and infected 40 million more.
Source: ABC

Still AIDS is killing more people than George...so far.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Why do you laugh? DId you know that the greatest risk in the US is for
young black women in heterosexual relationships? That's also where the
most out-of-wedlock baby [rpdiction is....So abstinence is a good mesage
too preach since birth control won't do anything about AIDS (except for
condoms and that's as rosky as using them for preganancy). I don't
believe he's denying that medocal research ahs to proceed to help find a
cure. He's just stating that abstinence would slow down an increase of
the disease in the population. SOmetimes your vynacism is galling, OZ.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:15:51 -0500, katy
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

[...]

Ahhh the good Catholic girl...God forbid that they'd use condoms.

So you're saying controlling physical irges in order to not sibject
yourself to the possibility of either an unwanted pregnancy or a
horrible disease isn't worth it? There are plenty others than
Catholics who are preaching abstinence these days.

George is Catholic?

He's a Presbyterian.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote
Why do you laugh? Did you know that the greatest risk in the US is for young black women in heterosexual
relationships? That's also where the most out-of-wedlock baby producton is.... So abstinence is a good message to
preach since birth control won't do anything about AIDS (except for condoms and that's as risky as using them for
preganancy). I don't believe he's denying that medical research has to proceed to help find a cure. He's just stating
that abstinence would slow down an increase of the disease in the population. Sometimes your cynicism is galling, OZ.

Finally something we can agree on. Abstinence is a good start but how about
fidelity if you can't or don't want to abstain. If two people get tested before they
have sex and if they're HIV negative then they can have all the safe sex they want
together. But they've gotta be faithful. BTW I fixed your mistakes. The one's my
spell checker missed. Why don't you get a spell checker?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:15:51 -0500, katy wrote:

OzOne wrote:

[...]

I guess, since abstinence will eliminate the threat of AIDS it would be okay for
people with AIDS to resume donating blood? Working in food preparation? School
nurses?

CWM

No one said abstinence will weliminate AIDS..it is just one way to stop
spreading it...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"katy" wrote

[...]

Becuse it iritaes yuo....

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Why don't you get a spell checker?

I have wondered the same thing as well...

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her info...

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Different strokes for different folks... literally. (smile)

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote
She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Are you saying she's older than dirt? I agree. What she contributes is making us women marginalized....
She never says a word about sailing.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

All true, but it's certainly not the most effective way.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

OzOne wrote:

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Why don't you get a spell checker?

I have wondered the same thing as well...

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer
to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her
info...

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I
respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and
continues
to do so.

Different strokes for different folks... literally.
(smile)

I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a
challenge to get the words right on my own. If something
looks grotesquely wrong I'll 'go look it up' on Google.
Sometimes it's the content and **** the spelling.

Segah

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
wrote

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Are you saying she's older than dirt? I agree. What she contributes is making us women marginalized....
She never says a word about sailing.

Cheers,
Ellen

I am 54 years old. In my family that means I ahve lived only
approcimately half my life. Wjat would you like to know about sailing
that hasn't already been said here? Want to hear how shallow the Neuse
Tiver is and how we have to keep a constant watch on the depth gaige to
make sure we don't go aground? Or how about that there's a parade of
lights thingy that Hatteras sponsors that everyone decorates their boats
for? Or that my boat is, and always has been, better than yours.