posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Abstinence?

On the occasions when this Group gets going on a sailing thread you will
always find that Katy is one of those who contribute from personal
experience.

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

wrote
She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Are you saying she's older than dirt? I agree. What she contributes

is making us women marginalized....
She never says a word about sailing.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Shakespeare never bothered to use his spellchecker either??? His posts
always seemed OK to me...

"DSK" wrote in message
But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer
to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her
info...

It's part of the game.

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I
respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and
continues
to do so.

Katysails has a lot to say that's worth listening to....
about sailing, and occasionally other topics.

Seahag wrote:
I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a
challenge to get the words right on my own. If something
looks grotesquely wrong I'll 'go look it up' on Google.
Sometimes it's the content and **** the spelling.

Dang skippy.

Look at Shapespeare, for example.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Edgar" wrote
Shakespeare never bothered to use his spellchecker either??? His posts
always seemed OK to me...

TOP POST!!!!!!
Edgar, shame on you. You complained about people not deleting text and then you break the
rules yourself and top post. Go read the link I posted in the etiquette post down there at the
bottom or at the top depending on how your news reader displays. Never mind, I'll make it
easy for you. He http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.5

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hot flash? Sounds interesting...

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"katy" wrote

blush (oh...forgot...can't do that...Ellen might think I'm going

soft...)

Nah. It might look like your blushing but at your age it's probably a

hot flash.
That's normal I hear......

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Edgar" wrote ...
On the occasions when this Group gets going on a sailing thread you will
always find that Katy is one of those who contribute from personal
experience.

On the *rare* occasions....... But, there's been several sailing topics posts since I've been here.
She only ever makes catty or cutesy (at least she seems to think so) comments. And, I bet she's never
started a sailing thread. Go ahead Google it. If you find one I'll apologize.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote:
DSK wrote:
George is Catholic?

katy wrote:

He's a Presbyterian.

???

parents are Episcopalians (next best thing to Catholicism)

I don't know about that anymore...they were smart enough to ordain women
and to elect a woman as Archbishop...the Catholic Church won't ever get to
that point until we dump the European Popes and get an American one...

Member of the Methodist church (married into it)

Episcopalians without the candles...and no high service

DSK

sorry...I thought I read he was a prebs...maybe because of his friendship
with Billy Graham and family...I stand corrected

Billy Graham has been a southern Baptist since before he married Ruth
Graham. Not surprised a wiccan wouldn't know this...

How can one be a Catholic and a Wiccan? Hmmm...

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote:
Seahag wrote:
I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a challenge to get
the words right on my own. If something looks grotesquely wrong I'll
'go look it up' on Google. Sometimes it's the content and **** the
spelling.

At least Seahag shows a modicum of intelligence. Sorry I can't say the same
for katydumb.

You said a naughty word..shame on you...

Are you going to netkkkop her?

Yeah, but she spelled it right.

The other gay netkkkop chimes in...

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Why don't you get a spell checker?

I have wondered the same thing as well...

She's not smart enough to learn how to spell, much less post on ng's.

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

As long as they get free sex from her, they will back her.
Watch a newcomer show up and make a typo, they'll crucify them.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her info...

She doesn't have any choice. Feel pity for her, I do.

She is definitely a long time player in this NG

Player??? As in hooker? :-)

Different strokes for different folks... literally. (smile)

Obviously Scotty enjoys her stroking...hahaa

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Top posting is forced upon us by the lack of selective snipping. I get so
that I frequently click 'ignore conversation' now rather than scroll time
and again through the same lot of posts hoping that this time there might be
a golden nugget at the end of the trail.

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Edgar" wrote
Shakespeare never bothered to use his spellchecker either??? His posts
always seemed OK to me...

TOP POST!!!!!!
Edgar, shame on you. You complained about people not deleting text

and then you break the
rules yourself and top post. Go read the link I posted in the etiquette

post down there at the
bottom or at the top depending on how your news reader displays. Never

mind, I'll make it
easy for you. He

http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.5

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"katy" wrote

I am 54 years old. In my family that means I ahve lived only approcimately half my life.

Oh no, fifty more years of typos...... I might have to unsubscribe :-)

Wjat would you like to know about sailing that hasn't already been said here?

Anything anybody wants to talk about if it's about sailing is good. More things about
destinations is good. Sailing itself is great but good destinations is icing on the cake.

Want to hear how shallow the Neuse Tiver is and how we have to keep a constant watch on the depth gaige to make sure
we don't go aground?

That's a start. But how's about going out of the river into the ocean. You don't
have to worry about it being too shallow in the ocean.

Or how about that there's a parade of lights thingy that Hatteras sponsors that everyone decorates their boats for?

That's boring. Lighted boat parades are dumb. Leave it to motor boaters to think of
that sort of thing.

Or that my boat is, and always has been, better than yours.

My boat only draws two feet. I don't have to worry about how shallow it is in the
Neuse Tiver :-) or any other river. So when you say your boat's better I can ask better
for what? I can sail in shallows without worrying. It sounds like you have to worry.
That can't be fun.....
Tell us about that little harbor in Okracoke near the lighthouse. Can you still go in there
and tie up to the docks? Is the beach up to the lighthouse yet? What about Cape Lookout. Is
it still nice to sail in that harbor? Have you ever anchored there and seen the sun set over
the ocean?

Cheers,
Ellen

Those who know me personally know where and when we sail...our boat is a
great crusising boat..it is comfortable and easy to handle..we have a
dinghy for gunkholing if we want...you can get all the rest of the
information about Ocrakoke off any tourist site on the internet...I have
posted out pictures of the lighthouse from last year when we went so you
must have mised them..too bad, so sad...