posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Abstinence?

Seahag wrote:
wrote:

Why don't you get a spell checker?

I have wondered the same thing as well...

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer
to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her
info...

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I
respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and
continues
to do so.

Different strokes for different folks... literally.
(smile)

I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a
challenge to get the words right on my own. If something
looks grotesquely wrong I'll 'go look it up' on Google.
Sometimes it's the content and **** the spelling.

Segah

You said a naughty word..shame on you...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yeah, but she spelled it right.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
Seahag wrote:
wrote:

Why don't you get a spell checker?

I have wondered the same thing as well...

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her info...

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Different strokes for different folks... literally. (smile)

I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a challenge to get
the words right on my own. If something looks grotesquely wrong I'll
'go look it up' on Google. Sometimes it's the content and **** the
spelling.

Segah

You said a naughty word..shame on you...

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

George is Catholic?

katy wrote:
He's a Presbyterian.

???

parents are Episcopalians (next best thing to Catholicism)

Member of the Methodist church (married into it)

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

wrote:
But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer
to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her
info...

It's part of the game.

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I
respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and
continues
to do so.

Katysails has a lot to say that's worth listening to....
about sailing, and occasionally other topics.

Seahag wrote:
I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a
challenge to get the words right on my own. If something
looks grotesquely wrong I'll 'go look it up' on Google.
Sometimes it's the content and **** the spelling.

Dang skippy.

Look at Shapespeare, for example.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:
George is Catholic?

katy wrote:

He's a Presbyterian.

???

parents are Episcopalians (next best thing to Catholicism)

I don't know about that anymore...they were smart enough to ordain women
and to elect a woman as Archbishop...the Catholic Church won't ever get
to that point until we dump the European Popes and get an American one...

Member of the Methodist church (married into it)

Episcopalians without the candles...and no high service

DSK

sorry...I thought I read he was a prebs...maybe because of his
friendship with Billy Graham and family...I stand corrected

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:
wrote:

But then again... the regulars that hang out here refer to her
style as "katy type" or whatever.

So I guess this is the way she prefers to input her info...

It's part of the game.

She is definitely a long time player in this NG and I respect her
stature as such... and what she has contributed and continues
to do so.

Katysails has a lot to say that's worth listening to.... about sailing,
and occasionally other topics.

blush (oh...forgot...can't do that...Ellen might think I'm going soft...)

Seahag wrote:

I don't have a spell checker either. I consider it a challenge to get
the words right on my own. If something looks grotesquely wrong I'll
'go look it up' on Google. Sometimes it's the content and **** the
spelling.

Dang skippy.

Look at Shapespeare, for example.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote
I am 54 years old. In my family that means I ahve lived only approcimately half my life.

Oh no, fifty more years of typos...... I might have to unsubscribe :-)

Wjat would you like to know about sailing that hasn't already been said here?

Anything anybody wants to talk about if it's about sailing is good. More things about
destinations is good. Sailing itself is great but good destinations is icing on the cake.

Want to hear how shallow the Neuse Tiver is and how we have to keep a constant watch on the depth gaige to make sure
we don't go aground?

That's a start. But how's about going out of the river into the ocean. You don't
have to worry about it being too shallow in the ocean.

Or how about that there's a parade of lights thingy that Hatteras sponsors that everyone decorates their boats for?

That's boring. Lighted boat parades are dumb. Leave it to motor boaters to think of
that sort of thing.

Or that my boat is, and always has been, better than yours.

My boat only draws two feet. I don't have to worry about how shallow it is in the
Neuse Tiver :-) or any other river. So when you say your boat's better I can ask better
for what? I can sail in shallows without worrying. It sounds like you have to worry.
That can't be fun.....
Tell us about that little harbor in Okracoke near the lighthouse. Can you still go in there
and tie up to the docks? Is the beach up to the lighthouse yet? What about Cape Lookout. Is
it still nice to sail in that harbor? Have you ever anchored there and seen the sun set over
the ocean?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote

blush (oh...forgot...can't do that...Ellen might think I'm going soft...)

Nah. It might look like your blushing but at your age it's probably a hot flash.
That's normal I hear......

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Seahag" wrote
Sometimes it's the content and **** the spelling.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm!! Potty mouth, potty mouth.....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote
All true, but it's certainly not the most effective way.

Fidel Castro got rid of AIDS in Cuba. He locks every who has it up and doesn't let them have sex
with anybody else on the outside. When they're all dead AIDs will be gone in Cuba. Unless people
bring it in again. Probably he gives AIDS tests to tourists and immigrants..... But I don't really know.
But he should if he wants to wipe out AIDS for good there.
I think AIDS proves God. A Biblical God. The Bible says homosexuality is one of the serious sins.
God invented AIDS to punish homosexuals but it's gotten into some heterosexuals but it's still mostly
homosexuals who get it. http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/oct/06100404.html

Cheers,
Ellen