posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

Default Congratulations

Congratulations to the Dems (I aint no Dem either).

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

No congratulations are in order. This shouldn't be an us vs. them situation.
Now that the House is under Dem leadership, perhaps some thoughtful
discussion can happen between the two parties. If the Senate goes also, that
will make it even more likely, since the only alternative is gridlock.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Congratulations to the Dems (I aint no Dem either).

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
.net...

Unfortunately, you picked a reform that is needed. Social Security. Quit
giving all our children's money to the older generation now. SS was never
the national retirement system. Let us hope that Pelosi does not try to
be vinductive, The country wants improvements, not witch hunts.

It may not be a national retirement system, but it was signed into law by
FDR during the depression to encourage older folks to retire and give up
their jobs to the younger generation. Contrary to some popular belief, it
was never intended to be "temporary".

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
.net...

Unfortunately, you picked a reform that is needed. Social Security.
Quit giving all our children's money to the older generation now. SS was
never the national retirement system. Let us hope that Pelosi does not
try to be vinductive, The country wants improvements, not witch hunts.

It may not be a national retirement system, but it was signed into law by
FDR during the depression to encourage older folks to retire and give up
their jobs to the younger generation. Contrary to some popular belief, it
was never intended to be "temporary".

Eisboch

But even FDR said that people needed to have their own savings also. And it
was the "Widows and childrens act" originally to protect those left behind
when the working age person left life behind.

Calif Bill wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
.net...

Unfortunately, you picked a reform that is needed. Social Security.
Quit giving all our children's money to the older generation now. SS was
never the national retirement system. Let us hope that Pelosi does not
try to be vinductive, The country wants improvements, not witch hunts.

It may not be a national retirement system, but it was signed into law by
FDR during the depression to encourage older folks to retire and give up
their jobs to the younger generation. Contrary to some popular belief, it
was never intended to be "temporary".

Eisboch

But even FDR said that people needed to have their own savings also. And it
was the "Widows and childrens act" originally to protect those left behind
when the working age person left life behind.

As a small businessman, I have to fund my own retirement system, why
cant everyone else? Stop whining that you dont have a pension, i dont
either and never expected one. If you dont put enough away for
retirement, its your own fault.. You have had the opportunity, if you
didnt do it, dont whine.

Frogwatch wrote:

As a small businessman, I have to fund my own retirement system, why
cant everyone else? Stop whining that you dont have a pension, i dont
either and never expected one. If you dont put enough away for
retirement, its your own fault.. You have had the opportunity, if you
didnt do it, dont whine.

As a small businessman you are no doubt painfully aware of the 15.2%
levied as self employment tax. That's in addition to whatever other
income tax that you're responsible for.

Why is there a special tax on labor, when money that comes your way
through dividents, rents, royalties, & inheritance isn't? The
ostensible reason is that the payroll tax is partially a pension system,
and you'll eventually be paid back by the system. Social Security
reform as proposed by the Republicans is basically a plan to not pay you
back, in effect stealing your pension, and the pensions of every working
person in America.

And the reason to loot the pension system? Well, the same reason any
pension system is looted - greed.

///Walt

Congratulations [email protected] General 71 November 10th 06 06:20 PM
Pete Clinch - Congratulations. David Kemper UK Paddle 1 August 21st 06 12:03 PM
Congratulations Chuck JimH General 15 January 25th 06 08:54 AM
Congratulations The Count General 1 November 7th 03 05:40 AM
Congratulations Bobsprit Per Elmsäter ASA 2 September 7th 03 06:39 PM