posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Congratulations

Calif Bill wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
.net...

Unfortunately, you picked a reform that is needed. Social Security.
Quit giving all our children's money to the older generation now. SS was
never the national retirement system. Let us hope that Pelosi does not
try to be vinductive, The country wants improvements, not witch hunts.

It may not be a national retirement system, but it was signed into law by
FDR during the depression to encourage older folks to retire and give up
their jobs to the younger generation. Contrary to some popular belief, it
was never intended to be "temporary".

Eisboch

But even FDR said that people needed to have their own savings also. And it
was the "Widows and childrens act" originally to protect those left behind
when the working age person left life behind.

As a small businessman, I have to fund my own retirement system, why
cant everyone else? Stop whining that you dont have a pension, i dont
either and never expected one. If you dont put enough away for
retirement, its your own fault.. You have had the opportunity, if you
didnt do it, dont whine.