posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

Default Congratulations

I agree. I hope #3 is wrong.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
No congratulations are in order. This shouldn't be an us vs. them
situation. Now that the House is under Dem leadership, perhaps some
thoughtful discussion can happen between the two parties. If the Senate
goes also, that will make it even more likely, since the only alternative
is gridlock.

Three observations:

1) The two-party system still works. When the electorate becomes
dissatisfied with the current party in power, it replaces it with the
other one.

2) Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Bush administration lost its
ideological way somewhere along the line. Hopefully congressional
oversight will mean a close examination of issues and dollars, rather than
personal attacks.

3) Sadly the outcome of what could be a productive and constructive
election will likely be bitter party division and bickering. In other
words, nothing new.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
[...]

Dreamer.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:
Congratulations to the Dems (I aint no Dem either).

Hey DB! Please don't cross post OT nonsense here. We have enough
bozo's here to listen to, we don't need those from another group!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff wrote:
wrote:
Jeff wrote:
wrote:

Congratulations to the Dems (I aint no Dem either).

Hey DB! Please don't cross post OT nonsense here. We have enough
bozo's here to listen to, we don't need those from another group!

OK, I agree with Jeff, politics is not appropriate here. If Harry
Krause will suggest an appropriate venue I'll respond.

Actually, I don't mind a little political stuff, given the season. But
there's no need to bring in "outsiders" from the bar down the street.

Agreed. I'm not sure if artyguy (aka TheOne aka
ShhhImListeningtoReason...) followed me over from the audio newsgroups
or found this group on his own, but this is a sailor's bar, and if he's
not a sailor he should bug out. I can hold my own without him.

OTOH, since this is a sailor's bar, I have no problem with sailors
mouthing off about whatever's on their mind. If they're spouting
nonesense I might try to set them straight, or ignore them if I think
they're hopeless. Likewise, anybody is free to agree with me, disagree
with me, or ignore me.

I do draw the line at thread hijacking - if there's a sailing related
conversation going on it's rude to inject irrelevant things, especially
flamebait. Unless they're funny, of course.

BTW, I'm sure I'm not the first person to make the "neighborhood bar"
analogy, but I see nothing has really changed in the last 6 years:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sailing.asa/msg/445148622cbd5658?hl=xx-bork

//Walt

P.S. Thanks for the congratulations, dbhora. I was trying to figure out
how to accept it graciously without gloating, and just couldn't manage
it. Anyway, thanks. Now there's serious work to do.

Congratulations [email protected] General 71 November 10th 06 06:20 PM
Pete Clinch - Congratulations. David Kemper UK Paddle 1 August 21st 06 12:03 PM
Congratulations Chuck JimH General 15 January 25th 06 08:54 AM
Congratulations The Count General 1 November 7th 03 05:40 AM
Congratulations Bobsprit Per Elmsäter ASA 2 September 7th 03 06:39 PM