Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Happy camper with iron keel

Dave wrote:
One of the few things I don't like about the CS is its iron keel. Last
spring I bit the bullet and took the whole thing down to bare metal, put on
a coat of the Interlux primer wash and put on multiple coats of Interprotect
2000E. Just looked at it after hauling. You'd have to look pretty close to
even realize it's an iron keel. Dunno how long it will last, but for now I'm
a happy camper.

Modern coatings are amazing. I'm at over 5 yrs on my bottom job and
just starting to see signs I need to haul.

Joe

OT, Happy Camper ed General 9 October 17th 05 05:14 PM
what type of keel bolt should you in wood boat and iron keel Don Boat Building 5 October 2nd 05 08:57 PM
Cast Iron Swing Keel Mike Propst General 0 August 23rd 05 02:17 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Happy Camper Labs Announce Partnership With Snapettes Snapettes Mom General 0 October 20th 03 04:27 PM