posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Happy camper with iron keel

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in
message
reenews.ne
t...

"Ringmaster" wrote
Funny you should make this comment not knowing what kind

of paint
the man is using. If he is using a quality ablative as

long as he has
paint film it's working.

I'm definitely not a paint expert. And I'm blonde

but I'm not stupid. And I'm not gullible. But I talk to
people who are paint
experts. Or people who have lots of paint experience at

least. You've got to have fresh paint in hot tropical water
or stuff will
grow. No paint ever invented lasts five years in hot

tropical water. Two years is about all you can expect.
That's a fact.
Anybody claiming his bottom paint lasts five years is

ignorant. Either that or he's blind.

What if he had put 8 coats of ablative on?