posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Happy camper with iron keel

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:04:06 -0400, "Ellen MacArthur"
wrote:

"Scotty" wrote|
| What if he had put 8 coats of ablative on?

Unless he's sailing *all the time* ablative paint dies on the
surface. It only comes off and
stays fresh when underway. (self scrubbing - Duh!) It's better for power
boats because they go
fast enough to keep the paint scrubbed and fresh. Sailboats don't go fast
enough and they don't
get used enough. So there! :-)

Cheers,
Ellen

There is a lot you don't know.

It might take far less time enumerating the things she *does know.*

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote
| There is a lot you don't know.

True, so true. But sometimes I *do* know about something. Then I'm not the least bit shy about speaking
my peace. What I've seen people writing around here is mostly ignorance based. Or, it's maybe something
they've read and barely understood and repeated. I can tell there's not much real experience going on here.
You can't be here as much as most of you and do any sailing at all....

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote
| It's more commonly phrased "speaking my piece."

Whatever! If I wrote it that way people would make jokes about my private parts..... :-)
Besides, I just googled speak your peace and got lots of sites. :-0~

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, "she's" an idiot. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:53:13 -0400, "Ellen MacArthur"
said:

speaking
my peace

It's more commonly phrased "speaking my piece."

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in
message
reenews.ne
t...

"Charlie Morgan" wrote
| There is a lot you don't know.

True, so true. But sometimes I *do* know about

something. Then I'm not the least bit shy about speaking
my peace. What I've seen people writing around here is

mostly ignorance based. Or, it's maybe something
they've read and barely understood and repeated. I can

tell there's not much real experience going on here.
You can't be here as much as most of you and do any

sailing at all....

Funny, but the one who posts the most, brags the most about
sailing the most.
doesn't add up, now, does it?

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote
| Funny, but the one who posts the most, brags the most about
| sailing the most.
| doesn't add up, now, does it?

When it comes to Capt. Rob 2+2 = 10. He's the bragginest soul I've ever seen.
He's a bad influence. He's a bore and he has one of those *kick me hard* signs
tattooed on his forehead. Trouble is your about the only one here who sees it too.
He's got everybody else licking his feet. They never even look up. They can't see
the tattoo.... I ignore or delete most of his threads. The ones where he's only trying
to get somebody's goat in particular. He's got so many goats he needs to buy a
bigger ranch. I don't think he sails but once a year. Then he mostly takes pictures
so he can show them off and act like he sails all the time.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message

When it comes to Capt. Rob 2+2 = 10. [snip]

So Young... So Bitter!

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message

When it comes to Capt. Rob 2+2 = 10. [snip]

So Young... So Bitter!

And so correct!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in
message
reenews.ne
t...

"Scotty" wrote
| Funny, but the one who posts the most, brags the most

about
| sailing the most.
| doesn't add up, now, does it?

When it comes to Capt. Rob 2+2 = 10.

Who?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in

message

When it comes to Capt. Rob 2+2 = 10. [snip]

So Young... So Bitter!

Eh, you meant 'sweet', didn't you. Have you seen her pics?

Scotty ^~

OT, Happy Camper ed General 9 October 17th 05 05:14 PM
what type of keel bolt should you in wood boat and iron keel Don Boat Building 5 October 2nd 05 08:57 PM
Cast Iron Swing Keel Mike Propst General 0 August 23rd 05 02:17 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Happy Camper Labs Announce Partnership With Snapettes Snapettes Mom General 0 October 20th 03 04:27 PM