posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sloco slower than slow!

And dumber than dumb!

Here's yet another pic of the 35s5 rig showing that the hoist is about
12-14 inches below the mast-top.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/6/...?1160631226000

Headboards would foul the backstay. I wonder if a new headboard could
make for a higher hoist, even if the sail would be off spec, who would
know or care (except for PHRF-ers)?

Oh....and Sloco sure knows boats!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Boobsie, your the one who's looking dumber with every post. I never
said the sail was short of the masthead. Max hoist on most every boat
stops short of the masthead NOT THE BLACK BAND. I said it was a foot
short of full hoist. Full hoist dimwit is the black band. Your
wonderful new deal sail looks to be a foot short of the black band.
You got screwed period.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Full hoist dimwit is the black band.

Uh...Sloco, care to tell everyone who adds the black band? My 35s5 has
two, one more recent than the last. And this boat also has two clearly
showing and the hoist is short of BOTH.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/35s5spin.jpg

Let me try to teach your itty bitty brain about sails. They are often
altered somewhat over time for a boat, Roach is increased as inventory
is improved. Sails are cut flatter or deeper. Small changes are common,
especially for boats cruised and raced PHRF. My current 110% genoa is a
deck sweeper. My new 125% Pentax Mylar is cut higher to clear the
stanchions and was designed as a furling sail from day one. It's also
cut quite flat. My new Kevlar main has more roach than the 35s5
original spec and a few more Sq. Feet of SA and that increased area is
lower due to the roach. The hoist is set for the top batten to stay
clear of the backstay. I'm sorry that you were the ONLY one here to be
unable to spot the extended roach of this sail. Notice no one is
joining you in this debate, especially after I posted pics of other
boats showing about the same hoist. In fact this boat looks even
shorter in the hoist and the sail appears to have the standard roach.

http://home.att.net/~captnerdo/images/Footloos.gif

The black band on the mast is commonly changed on many boats, or just
ignored as new sails are improved on. My buddy with a Sweden 39 just
got a new main and his hoist is altered for just that reason. He also
added roach.
Sorry, dude. You've been busted yet again and this one is going to be a
REGULAR feature just like you dated slower POS Express 30!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nice try with a bunch of nothing and fuzzy photos. I don't know of any
sailmaker that would make a "new design" sail for an older boat that
wouldn't reach full hoist or any boat owner who would accept anything
less. You truly are a joke.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ringmaster wrote:
Nice try with a bunch of nothing and fuzzy photos. I don't know of any
sailmaker

Call Mark at Doyle sails...he owns and runs two lofts. We spoke about a
cruising cross cut main that would have more roach with full length
battens and miss full hoist by about 6 inches because of it. You might
want to also speak with UK sails about the beautiful Powerhead dacron
they made for my club's Sweden 39. Like my expensive Kevlar main, it
has a full length batten at the top (two actually). With added roach
he's also slightly below full hoist to clear the backstay. Call them up
if you doubt me. The loft is on City Island.
Dude, you've utterly dropped your pants and shown your ass to the
group. No one is even joining in on this because they can see the
main's top batten so close to the backstay. I guess they could also see
the 5 other 35s5 pics I posted that shows the EXACT same hoist!!! But
you somehow can't see the facts....once AGAIN...look at the hoist on
this 35s5....

http://home.att.net/~captnerdo/images/Footloos.gif

It's the same. Dude, slink away. It's a bad time for you AGAIN!!!!

RB
35s5
NY

Slow, slow, slow your boat.... Capt. Rob ASA 11 February 13th 06 01:01 AM
Poor Sloco!!! Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 13th 06 01:34 PM
Slow boat to china Joe ASA 0 November 27th 05 02:27 AM
going nowhere slow Richard Malcolm General 8 August 11th 04 03:21 PM
Slow leaks w/inflatable - sealants? B.A.S. General 0 September 22nd 03 03:00 PM