posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Wind Speed Test # 1

OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day. For 5 bonus points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:44:15 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one day,

deacreasing 3
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day.

increasing 4
For 5 bonus points
name the exact heeling angle.

"bugger all"

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day.

Judging from the water, it looks like about 12 ~ 15 knots,
but I would think more from looking at the reefed sails.
Looks like you were well out in the middle, too.

.... For 5 bonus points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

The angle of maximum fun?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day. For 5 bonus points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

a-8-11 kts
b-9-15
8 degrees

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

sfa ?

OzOne wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:44:15 -0400, "Scotty"

scribbled thusly:

OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in

these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day. For 5 bonus

points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

sfa...and all under 15kts...probably much closer to 12.

Heel...zip to 15 degrees.

Were the long stemmed wine glasses still standing?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,We've been expecting

you.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in

these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one

day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day. For 5 bonus

points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

a-8-11 kts
b-9-15
8 degrees

Damn Koe, did you cheat? According to iWind it was a=8-12
b=9-14 and I have no idea what the heel was. 15 points to
Joe. Spend them wisely.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in

these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one

day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day.

Judging from the water, it looks like about 12 ~ 15 knots,
but I would think more from looking at the reefed sails.
Looks like you were well out in the middle, too.

felt like 15-20 to me, but I'm always off. According to the
iWind report it was 8-14. The waves were bigger than what
the pics show.
My boat is a bit tender, light, so she really likes to have
her main reefed early.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 00:02:03 -0400, "Scotty"

scribbled thusly:

sfa ?

Sweet F**k All.....or put another way sweet fanny adams.

Who's fanny Adams?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 00:04:34 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in

these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one

day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day. For 5 bonus

points
name the exact heeling angle.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/554469564MvWNTx

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

a-8-11 kts
b-9-15
8 degrees

Damn Koe, did you cheat? According to iWind it was a=8-12
b=9-14 and I have no idea what the heel was. 15 points to
Joe. Spend them wisely.

Scotty

Heck, I was first!
Wind converter http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/sail.htm Beaufort
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:09:39 +1000, OzOne wrote:

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:42:12 +0100, Goofball_star_dot_etal
scribbled thusly:

Heck, I was first!

Bwaahahhahahhahahhahahhahahaa!
Tell someone who cares!