posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Wind Speed Test # 1

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Scotty wrote:
OK, all you Internet sailor , expert wave / wind speed
predictors. For 10 points, tell me the wind speed in

these
pics. Pics a1-4 are same time, different angles, one

day,
pics b1-5 are same thing, different day.

Judging from the water, it looks like about 12 ~ 15 knots,
but I would think more from looking at the reefed sails.
Looks like you were well out in the middle, too.

felt like 15-20 to me, but I'm always off. According to the
iWind report it was 8-14. The waves were bigger than what
the pics show.
My boat is a bit tender, light, so she really likes to have
her main reefed early.

Scotty