posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Hi..wave wave

Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

My personal opinion is that:
1. they are happier in their boats than in their cars
2. they are not thinking about "getting there"
3. perventage wisem many more people drive cars than bots..the
percentage of car owners that also own boats are those that wave
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

katy wrote:
Joe wrote:
Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

My personal opinion is that:
1. they are happier in their boats than in their cars
2. they are not thinking about "getting there"
3. perventage wisem many more people drive cars than bots..the
percentage of car owners that also own boats are those that wave

Thats what I use to think...not even close to the truth.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe,

I've always thought it was to acknowage their presence and yours. I'm
truly not sure but I like it. I'm a Waver!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, I wave 50% of the time to make sure they actually see us. When I owned
by CJ-7, just about every other CJ owner I came across waved... comradery I
suppose.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
Well, I wave 50% of the time to make sure they actually see us. When I owned
by CJ-7, just about every other CJ owner I came across waved... comradery I
suppose.

No, it's not comradery either.

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Joe,

I've always thought it was to acknowage their presence and yours. I'm
truly not sure but I like it. I'm a Waver!

Your on to something here Thom.
Why is it imporant to acknowlege each others presence on a boat and
from boat to shore, but not cars? If you waved at people in cars they
would think you're nuts.

Joe

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
Thom Stewart wrote:
Joe,

I've always thought it was to acknowage their presence and yours. I'm
truly not sure but I like it. I'm a Waver!

Your on to something here Thom.
Why is it imporant to acknowlege each others presence on a boat and
from boat to shore, but not cars? If you waved at people in cars they
would think you're nuts.

Joe

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

Maybe they're just waving away black flies or mosquitoes and we all just
assume they're waving at us....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yeah Joe,

It let's people know, "You're there and OK and they would also like to
know the same of you. No need of assistance."

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Right, back in the 70s when motorcycles were not common,
riders would wave to each other , especially same brand
bikes, now a days, there's just too many on the road. I
wave to other sailboats and most trawlers.

Scotty

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Well, I wave 50% of the time to make sure they actually

see us. When I owned
by CJ-7, just about every other CJ owner I came across

waved... comradery I
suppose.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...
Ever notice that people on boats always wave, and expect

you to wave
back?
I've had people get angry because I did not wave back.

I think I figured out why, but would like to know your

opinion first.

For 3.5 asa points

Why do people wave on boats, and not in cars?

Joe

Wave Ski vs Wave Witch? (PeteCresswell) General 0 September 21st 06 05:02 PM
Largest wave ever seen was 1720ft Joe ASA 0 August 4th 06 07:11 PM
Freak Wave ruins cruise. Short Wave Sportfishing General 20 April 20th 05 06:04 AM
Wave heights Roger Long Cruising 61 January 11th 05 04:53 PM
Mr Long.. read this one rhys Cruising 2 January 2nd 05 09:18 PM