posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] billwarnock@earthlink.net is offline

Default Hi..wave wave

Scotty would probably appreciate this... though slightly off
topic (OT).

Back about 40 years ago... where a lot of the Interstate was
still double lane... truckers upon meeting each other would
always wave.

Or additionally use a a hand code... such as showing 2 fingers
that meant that we were coming into an area where traffic enforce-
ment personnel where present... or 3 fingers meaning an accident
was ahead of us. Or worse yet...the presentation of 3 fingers smack-
ing the other hand... meaning a head/on collision.

During the night... we did the same with the headlights with the ex-
ception of a head/on incident.

Then later came the advent of the CB (citizen band radio) and channel
19..!

Even today... whether in my golf cart headed for my local golf course
or on my Mac (before I leave the harbor) I still give a wave to the
near
by incoming traffic.

Any yeh... often as not they don't wave back... be it the golfers or
boaters.

But I have finally learned... that times change and nothing stays the
same.

Best regards to all

Bill

Bill