posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sad Sailors of ASA

The jealousy is here is really sad. Of course we have those who are
pretty obvious about: Doug, Ellen-Neal, Ganzy and so on.
I have no idea why they post what they post. But here are the facts for
the sea trial.

1) Sea trial is a short sail as part of survey. Engine is run and
systems checked underway. My job is to both power and sail the boat for
the surveyor and new owners. The boat is now SOLD.

2) Wind conditions were between 12 and 16 knots with stronger winds
near Big Tom at City Island. Gusts are common there, just as they are
between Hart Island and Manhasset at times.

3) I had no trouble trimming the sails. Ganzy must know some pretty
awful instructors. The H43 is big & heavy and her sail-plan is easily
managed. As Thom noted, the boat is in the groove. I've sailed this
EXACT model in 20 knots steady brought back from Coney's and she was
easy to handle then as well.

4) I had this boat available for sale over the winter and the website
is now coming down. I have removed it from Yachtworld and our broker
page.

5) Yes, I was out sailing yesterday while you were posting. I was also
out sailing all afternoon on a J29 today and will probably be sailing
Heart of Gold tomorrow evening.

So, so, so VERY sorry this all upsets you so! But why?

Get over it. I sail while the rest of you post on ASA. And when I do
post here it's with actual photos of sailing on my boat and others.
Poor sods actually wimper about someone elses opinion I don't own, wind
conditions not reflected by sea state and worse! Aren't you all even
the least bit ashamed?
Most of you are pretty pathetic....seriously so! And those are the
facts.

And....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sad Sack of ASA = RB

"Swab. Rob" wrote

5) Yes, I was out sailing yesterday while you were

posting.

Where did you go?

I was also
out sailing all afternoon on a J29 today

*ALL* afternoon? WoW!

and will probably be sailing
Heart of Gold tomorrow evening.

Where are you going?

So, so, so VERY sorry this all upsets you so! But why?

It doesn't.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

posting.

Where did you go?

We went out to test my buddy's new UK sails. Pretty pricey, but nice.
I'm not rich enough for those babies....getting a pretty good main and
genoa with the stackpack from Doyle.

*ALL* afternoon? WoW!

Yeah, all afternoon on a J29 isn't the most comfortable sailing, but it
was fun!

Where are you going?

Sailing. Don't you ever go sailing?

It doesn't.

Hoist the sails and it might.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Swab Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Where are you going?

DAYSailing. Don't you ever go DAYsailing?

No, I go cruising.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

I put 275 miles on my bike last week in the Rocky Mountains. I hope to be
swimming several miles a week this winter. How thick are the callouses on
your butt?

Your are but a sad, sad physical specimen.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DAYSailing. Don't you ever go DAYsailing?

No, I go cruising.

I'm taking Heart of Gold to Port Jeff in two weeks for a funeral sail.
I'll bring her over on my own, then meet Suzanne and other mourners at
a private dock. I'll spend a couple of days aboard on my own. Does that
count?
I like daysailing. Sorry that bothers you.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I put 275 miles on my bike last week in the Rocky Mountains.

Golly! That's nice. I played darts today.

I hope to be
swimming several miles a week this winter.

Yowzers! That's nice. I did really well in the darts game.

How thick are the callouses on
your butt?

The darts would go right through.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

The jealousy is here is really sad. Of course we have those who are
pretty obvious about: Doug, Ellen-Neal, Ganzy and so on.
I have no idea why they post what they post. But here are the facts for
the sea trial.

It seems to me that none of the people mentioned here are at all jealous.
Rob, however, consistently comment about his "superiority" and his expensive
toys. I find that truly sad and boring, thus I won't read his posts unless
they're reposted. If you really think he's entertaining, feel free to read
and respond to him, of course, but I won't read them directly.

1) Sea trial is a short sail as part of survey. Engine is run and
systems checked underway. My job is to both power and sail the boat for
the surveyor and new owners. The boat is now SOLD.

That's not what a sea trial is. A typical sea trial is sometimes part of the
survey, usually adding to the cost of the survey. More typically, it's after
a deposit is given and before the survey. The purpose of the sea trial is to
confirm that the new owner likes the way the boat sails in a variety of
conditions, including how the boat handles under engine. Typically, the
buyer is at the helm with the broker and perhaps the owner along. Some
systems are checked, but many of those are more easily checked at the dock,
obvious expections noted. The typical inland (or near) sea trial should last
a couple of hours, depending upon what is agreed. I know of sea trials that
would take most of a day, for example, if the boat is intended for offshore
sailing.

2) Wind conditions were between 12 and 16 knots with stronger winds
near Big Tom at City Island. Gusts are common there, just as they are
between Hart Island and Manhasset at times.

Who know and who cares. Maybe that's where the trial was, maybe it wasn't.
But, calling a good breeze 10 kts is, out here, a light air day.

3) I had no trouble trimming the sails. Ganzy must know some pretty
awful instructors. The H43 is big & heavy and her sail-plan is easily
managed. As Thom noted, the boat is in the groove. I've sailed this
EXACT model in 20 knots steady brought back from Coney's and she was
easy to handle then as well.

Trimming the sails? What does that have to do with anything? You don't need
to be muscle-bound to trim sails. We rarely use a winch handle in 25kts wind
with gusts much higher. It's all about timing. Even trimming under heavy air
isn't much of an issue without a handle if you know what you're doing. Use
the helm to help by heading up briefly after a tack if you must. Perhaps you
would use a handle while jibing in heavy air, but on the Yamaha 30 that I
teach on and certainly on my boat it isn't necessary. We didn't need handles
on the H42 that we had out the Gate in the 15+ kts winds either.

Rob must think I really care about his opinion of fellow instructors, so I
won't bother to comment.

4) I had this boat available for sale over the winter and the website
is now coming down. I have removed it from Yachtworld and our broker
page.

This must be intended to impress someone.

5) Yes, I was out sailing yesterday while you were posting. I was also
out sailing all afternoon on a J29 today and will probably be sailing
Heart of Gold tomorrow evening.

All afternoon? Big deal.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

see what I mean?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:58:33 -0400, "Scotty"

wrote:

"Swab Rob" wrote in message

oups.com..

..

Where are you going?

DAYSailing. Don't you ever go DAYsailing?

No, I go cruising.

We know!

http://www.squirt.org/

CWM