posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sad Sailors of ASA

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

5) Yes, I was out sailing yesterday while you were

posting. I was also
out sailing all afternoon on a J29 today and will

probably be sailing
Heart of Gold tomorrow evening.

All afternoon? Big deal.

that is a big deal for the Putz, he usually only goes out
for 2 hours.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Why don't you write a review of the boat Rob.

Give us a detailed report on it.

Bart

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sad Sack of ASA = RB

Nutsy,

You know that not everyone lives close enough to enjoy their boats for
short sails.

I, like you, was lucky enough to even go out for an hour or two. I
enjoyed it for many years.

I do tip my hat to those who have to travel longer distance and still
sail. There is no way for them to enjoy those short evening sails but
they still get the pleasure of sailing.

Just look at Scout solution! They are every bit the sailor that you
are. Probably as good as you are or better, all 'round but maybe not.
That's what makes a great discussion. Lying doesn't increase your
ability.

Nutsy, you are a wonderful "Kick-me" Each lie is so obvious, people
can't resist the temptation to point out what you already know. BS is BS
and you have it by the truck load

The truth has never seemed to bother you. I give you thanks for that,
once again! You keep ASA very active

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dance! Dance my little puppet.

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:27:08 -0400, "Scotty"

wrote:

see what I mean?

Yes. I was just giving an example for those who didn't

know what you meant.

CWM

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:58:33 -0400, "Scotty"

wrote:

"Swab Rob" wrote in message

roups.com.

..
.

Where are you going?

DAYSailing. Don't you ever go DAYsailing?

No, I go cruising.

We know!

http://www.squirt.org/

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Nutsy,

You know that not everyone lives close enough to enjoy

their boats for
short sails.

I, like you, was lucky enough to even go out for an hour

or two. I
enjoyed it for many years.

But unlike Bob, you didn't brag about sailing the most .

I do tip my hat to those who have to travel longer

distance and still
sail. There is no way for them to enjoy those short

evening sails but
they still get the pleasure of sailing.

Right, that's why I'm going sailing today and won't be back
till Fri., or Sat., or whenever...

Just look at Scout solution!

Yup, he can now play all he wants , with his boat in the
backyard.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No response Rob?

I'd class you as a baby and the Sad ASA Sailor.

Did you even go out on this boat or is it all BS?
If you sailed the boat you should be able to give us
at least a feeble report. We don't expect you to
really know what to look for. Never-the-less, here is
your chance to show us what you know.

You have been called out--again.

Bart wrote:
Why don't you write a review of the boat Rob.

Give us a detailed report on it.

Bart

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No response Rob?

I was out sailing, Bart.
What would you like to know about the Hunter 43? I've only sailed it
twice for short periods, but I have some idea of her behavior. I
certainly don't agree with JG or his buddies that it's hard to sail. In
fact, trim was quite forgiving. She's heavy and tracks okay, but not
easy to tack without some good breeze. Her helm is short (Very) on
feedback and her arch/bimini combo make it hard to watch the sail trim.
She feels heavy and slow compared to a Catalina 400 for example, but
allowances should be made for the gear level and added weight here.
Surprisingly, room behind the helm is poor. This model has everything
from Wind Generator, genset to a pricey custom davits system. She even
has power winches to send her main up in a jiffy.
I'll probably taking the owner out again in a few days and I can give
you more info if you're interested. Plus I'll take some better pics.
She's not a boat I'd buy, but then I'm not 66 years old either. This
boat makes sense for some folks and for 140K she's a floating home with
a lot of comfort. Sitting right next to her slip is a new Hunter 38 run
by Sailtime. Looking at that boat I can honestly say Hunter has come a
long way since the 90's.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thanks for the report Rob. I would like to know more.
And, I'd enjoy seeing some pic's of the boat.

Is this it?
http://www.sailboatowners.com/boats/...46&fno=0&bts=T

What year was it?
Why was it not easy to tack? What size was the head sail? Speaking of
which is it a masthead or fractional rig?

What kind of winches does she have? Lewmar? How many? What size? I'd
guess it only has four--two primaries and two cabintop for halyard. Am
I wrong?

Where is the sink in the galley? Close to the centerline? Is it deep?
Layout below is???

Is the main fully battened? Does it have an adjustable backstay? Does
it even have a backstay? Straight or split? What sail shape controls
does it have?

What kind of keel? Fin? Wing? Is it a spade rudder? or Skeg hung?

Draft? Beam? End or mid boom sheeting? Rigid vang? Dutchman/Lazy
Jacks or what? Single or double spreader?

Thanks in advance

Bart

Capt. Rob wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

What size was the head sail? Speaking of
which is it a masthead or fractional rig?

Bart, you're acting pretty silly. Some of your questions are obvious in
the pic.
Bad troll on your part.
Off for a sail at 3:00.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No troll. It looks like I made it clear you
have no clue what sort of boat you were sailing.
You can't answer the obvious questions that
are the first things other sailors would want to
know about a boat like masthead or fractional?

Off for a sail? Pay attention this time.