posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Where does it end?

Capt. JG wrote:
I feel like a turkey.

Glad you said that and not me, chicky....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:50:28 -0700, katy wrote
(in article ):

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"katy" wrote
Let me explain this to you very simply...You are Neal Warren. You are a
fake. You are posing here in hopes that the flonkers will let you be if
you pose as a dumb ninny...let me tell you, there aren't any ninnies as
dumb as what you're portraying. So get off it, get a real name or a new
account or something but get off the silly little girl thing...it's
nauseating and not worthy of the Neal we used to know,....a long time
ago before he was totally deranged. And BTWm after all these years of
being nasty to you, why should I start being nice just because you've
put on a dress?

Your crazy! If you think I'm Neal Warren how about giving some proof?
Don't have any? I thought so.....

Cheers,
Ellen

Don't need to prove it...you need to disprove it...posting pictures of a
pinup firl (that BTWm Neal has used before on this group as objects of
his desire) doesn't cut it as well as vut and paste pictures of your
supposed boat that have already been disproved as real. Doesn't matter,
though...you're going into the old KF because it's obvious your time
spent in the time out chair didn't teach you anything...bye bye, dearie....
'

The person making the accusation has the burden of proof.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:55:10 -0700, Ellen MacArthur wrote
(in article ews.net):

Wind generators.

Got one.

Solar generators.

They're called panels, I have six.

Diesel generators.

Too heavy.

Shore power
cords.

I only use mine if in a marina.

..Fridges.

Built one, R-50 insulation.

Freezers.

Don't have one.

Air conditioners.

Don't have one.

Water heaters.

Don't have one.

Microwave ovens.

Don't have one.

Propellers.

Just installed a Yanmar diesel, to free us from the whims of tide and
current, when winds are slack.

What do all
these have to do with
sailboats?

That depends on if you live in a home and go camping with your sailboat on
weekends, or live aboard your sailboat.

I think the answer is people like that don't want a sailboat. They
want to put their house
inside a boat.

My wife and I live aboard, our boat IS our house.

That's OK if they just stayed far far away from people who
don't want to be hassled
by all their commotion. And out of sight of people who don't want houses
navigating around.

Thank you, how very kind.

Those of us who have merely lived aboard our sailboats for years appreciate
that you 'true sailors' are willing to allow us to use the water too, even if
we must stay "far far away" from you so you won't feel "hassled".

Not to mention their air pollution. Why do anchorages these days have to

smell like an airport or a
truck stop? Why does the biggest smelliest noisiest boat always anchor right
upwind of the fleet?

They can't seem to stay away. They get as close to you as they can. It's

as if they really want to
bother you. The one thing all boats need is a decibel meter. If it gets
higher than normal speech then
it explodes and sinks the boat.... YES! And they need a diesel fume
detector. If it goes off it empties
the holding tank into the bilge.

I'm hearing a lot of frustration and anger.

Why do you sail if it's such a negative experience for you?

I always thought sailors were a quiet, uncomplicated group. I've
discovered there's way too many
selfish people who aren't sailors. They're Winnebago drivers lost on the
water.... They're confused.
They think Spock said "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the few or
the many."

If you thought a sailboat was a ticket to a world free of obnoxious, selfish,
and/or ignorant people, you must relatively young and inexperienced.

Cheers,
Ellen

Cheers to you,

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Slippery when wet" wrote
| The person making the accusation has the burden of proof.

Right on! Katy never liked me from the start. I think she's jealous. She wishes she was
young like me.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Slippery when wet" wrote
| My wife and I live aboard, our boat IS our house.

Why not live in a real house? Why not leave sailing and anchorages to sailboats?
How would you like it if you DID live in a nice house and somebody built a factory on
the lot next door. What if the factory made constant noise (wind generators). What
if it put smoke out of smokestacks (diesel exhaust fumes). What if it expanded into
your back yard (dragging anchors or anchoring too close). What if it had trucks
running fast through your back yard and right under your bedroom windows
(motorized tenders). Get my point?

| I'm hearing a lot of frustration and anger.

I'm supposed to be happy about it? Duh!

| Why do you sail if it's such a negative experience for you?

Some of us sail to get away from it all. That's why I sail. That's why
I hate it when other people are so rude that they bring it all with them
and impose it on me.....

| If you thought a sailboat was a ticket to a world free of obnoxious, selfish,
| and/or ignorant people, you must relatively young and inexperienced.

Or maybe I just expect people to be a little more considerate of others.
It's just a matter of living the golden rule. There's no real excuse to impose
upon others. If you impose on others your dumb or rude or selfish....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:45:06 -0700, Ellen MacArthur wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Slippery when wet" wrote
My wife and I live aboard, our boat IS our house.

Why not live in a real house?

I've done that, now I want to live aboard my sailboat.

Why do YOU do what you want instead of something you don't want to do?

Why not leave sailing and anchorages to
sailboats?

I HAVE a sailboat.

Why don't YOU leave anchorages to those living aboard their sailboats?

I COULD complain about all the anchorages being full of little plastic toy
boats but I don't OWN the anchorages so, unlike you, I don't feel it's my
right to complain about who else is there or ask them to leave because I have
a problem with them being there.

How would you like it if you DID live in a nice house and somebody built a
factory on
the lot next door. What if the factory made constant noise (wind

generators).
What
if it put smoke out of smokestacks (diesel exhaust fumes). What if it
expanded into
your back yard (dragging anchors or anchoring too close). What if it had
trucks
running fast through your back yard and right under your bedroom windows
(motorized tenders). Get my point?

Unlike a nice house, my sailboat can be moved if, for whatever reason, I am
unhappy where I am.

If the neighbors are loud and obnoxious (radios blaring, drunks yelling), I
move.

If someone begins anchoring too close to me, I ask them politely to anchor
farther away. Most of the time that solves the problem, but if they refuse,
I move.

If the neighbors are smelly (running diesels upwind to charge batteries) I go
for a hike or go snorkeling, or do something somewhere else till they're
finished, it doesn't last forever.

If others run their tenders too close to my boat or display any number of
other obnoxious habits that indicate they just don't have a clue or just
don't care about anyone but themselves, I remind myself that I don't own the
anchorage, that it's best to accept what I can't change, that I COULD be
stuck in traffic on some freeway, but instead I'm lucky enough to be on a
beautiful sailboat in a beautiful anchorage, and to relax and not let minor
irritations ruin my day.

Moving my boat because of self absorbed, ignorant, and/or obnoxious neighbors
is an aggravation, but preferable to not moving it.

I'm hearing a lot of frustration and anger.

I'm supposed to be happy about it? Duh!

I wasn't implying you should be happy about it, but I'll bet feeling
frustrated and angry hasn't done a thing to make the situation better.

Perhaps you've heard of "The Serenity Prayer".

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage
to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

Why do you sail if it's such a negative experience for you?

Some of us sail to get away from it all. That's why I sail. That's why
I hate it when other people are so rude that they bring it all with them
and impose it on me.....

So now I'm "rude" if I live aboard my boat and have the audacity to anchor in
an anchorage with people who don't live aboard?

Maybe you should be reminded that YOU don't own the anchorages either, and
some might consider it rude to behave as if you do.

If you thought a sailboat was a ticket to a world free of obnoxious,
selfish,
and/or ignorant people, you must relatively young and inexperienced.

Or maybe I just expect people to be a little more considerate of others.

Why, has that been your experience on land?

My experience has been that some people are considerate of others and some
aren't.

It's just a matter of living the golden rule.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Am I to understand that you would have me post articles in which I call you
rude for choosing a lifestyle different from mine?

There's no real excuse to impose
upon others.

You mean like asking others to stay "far, far away" and "out of sight" from a
place which is open to anyone with a boat?

If you impose on others your dumb or rude or selfish....

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

Cheers,
Ellen

Cheers,