posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Where does it end?

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
That's right. Get out the hammer, or better yet go natural

and pick up a
rock, and smash that compass. Also, smash or remove

anything that isn't
natural. Take down those Dacron sails and burn them (no

matches please),
remove the aluminum mast and use something made of wood.

No stainless
fasteners please. While you're at it, remove all clothing

(Scotty will like
this)

and you won't?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen is guy. So, no. I wouldn't enjoy it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
That's right. Get out the hammer, or better yet go natural

and pick up a
rock, and smash that compass. Also, smash or remove

anything that isn't
natural. Take down those Dacron sails and burn them (no

matches please),
remove the aluminum mast and use something made of wood.

No stainless
fasteners please. While you're at it, remove all clothing

(Scotty will like
this)

and you won't?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote
| Ellen is guy. So, no. I wouldn't enjoy it.

Uh huh! http://www.badongo.com/pic/295524

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
That's right. Get out the hammer, or better yet go natural and pick up a
rock, and smash that compass. Also, smash or remove anything that isn't
natural. Take down those Dacron sails and burn them (no matches please),
remove the aluminum mast and use something made of wood. No stainless
fasteners please. While you're at it, remove all clothing (Scotty will like
this) that isn't 100% natural fibers.

Indeed Jon

Ellen would do better floating on her back holding up a branch as a
sail.
Naked of course...all el natural. Thats pure, anything else is fluff
and not needed.
Can you feel the Zen?

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

This post is absolutely brilliant. In life one should always strive to
simplify, to reduce to the essentials.

Wind generators. Solar generators. Diesel generators. Shore power
cords. Fridges. Freezers.
Air conditioners. Water heaters. Microwave ovens. Propellers. What do all
these have to do with
sailboats? I think the answer is people like that don't want a sailboat.
They want to put their house
inside a boat. That's OK if they just stayed far far away from people who
don't want to be hassled
by all their commotion. And out of sight of people who don't want houses
navigating around.
Not to mention their air pollution.

Why do anchorages these days have to smell like an airport or a
truck stop?

All the crap they must haul around with them is a form of denial. They
"enjoy" life through possessing material objects.

Why does the biggest smelliest noisiest boat always anchor right upwind
of the fleet?
They can't seem to stay away. They get as close to you as they can.
It's as if they really want to
bother you. The one thing all boats need is a decibel meter. If it gets
higher than normal speech then
it explodes and sinks the boat.... YES! And they need a diesel fume
detector. If it goes off it empties
the holding tank into the bilge.
I always thought sailors were a quiet, uncomplicated group. I've
discovered there's way too many
selfish people who aren't sailors. They're Winnebago drivers lost on the
water.... They're confused.
They think Spock said "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the few
or the many."

Cheers,
Ellen

This post is so excellent, I feel have almost ruined it by the addition of
my comments.

When things become "commercialized" (that is, money to be made) the entry
bar is lowered. Things are made comfortable, easy, "safe" and "fun". There
are some things this will never happen to. Things that require great
physical expenditure and suffering. Things that only pay in contentment
and are not fun.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote
| Ellen would do better floating on her back holding up a branch as a
| sail.
| Naked of course...all el natural. Thats pure, anything else is fluff
| and not needed.
| Can you feel the Zen?

I'm not gonna post any nude photo links. Swimming naked IS the best! :-) Check for jellyfish first.
Watch out for red tide. If you wear a bathing suit scrubbing the boat bottom clean you can get sea
lice (not really lice but that's what they're called). They bite you under your bathing suit but not
on your bare skin.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in
message
reenews.ne
t...

"Joe" wrote
| Ellen would do better floating on her back holding up a

branch as a
| sail.
| Naked of course...all el natural. Thats pure, anything

else is fluff
| and not needed.
| Can you feel the Zen?

I'm not gonna post any nude photo links. Swimming

naked IS the best! :-) Check for jellyfish first.
Watch out for red tide. If you wear a bathing suit

scrubbing the boat bottom clean you can get sea
lice (not really lice but that's what they're called).

They bite you under your bathing suit but not
on your bare skin.

Will you scrub my bottom?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I think you should show us your tits.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Joe" wrote
| Ellen would do better floating on her back holding up a branch as a
| sail.
| Naked of course...all el natural. Thats pure, anything else is fluff
| and not needed.
| Can you feel the Zen?

I'm not gonna post any nude photo links. Swimming naked IS the best!
:-) Check for jellyfish first.
Watch out for red tide. If you wear a bathing suit scrubbing the boat
bottom clean you can get sea
lice (not really lice but that's what they're called). They bite you under
your bathing suit but not
on your bare skin.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:

Wind generators. Solar generators. Diesel generators. Shore power cords. Fridges. Freezers.
Air conditioners. Water heaters. Microwave ovens. Propellers. What do all these have to do with
sailboats? I think the answer is people like that don't want a sailboat. They want to put their house
inside a boat. That's OK if they just stayed far far away from people who don't want to be hassled
by all their commotion. And out of sight of people who don't want houses navigating around.
Not to mention their air pollution. Why do anchorages these days have to smell like an airport or a
truck stop? Why does the biggest smelliest noisiest boat always anchor right upwind of the fleet?
They can't seem to stay away. They get as close to you as they can. It's as if they really want to
bother you. The one thing all boats need is a decibel meter. If it gets higher than normal speech then
it explodes and sinks the boat.... YES! And they need a diesel fume detector. If it goes off it empties
the holding tank into the bilge.
I always thought sailors were a quiet, uncomplicated group. I've discovered there's way too many
selfish people who aren't sailors. They're Winnebago drivers lost on the water.... They're confused.
They think Spock said "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the few or the many."

Cheers,
Ellen

What about mauve upholstery?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I always thought sailors were a quiet, uncomplicated group.

Cheers,
Ellen

Haven't met many sailors, have you?

Bwahahahahhahhahahhahhahahhahhahahhaha