posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default B-2 Sighting

http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

It blew my mind. I looked up and spotted it just as it was banking
right in front of us. I waved to the guy on his third pass--black
hat against a white sail. It seemed to work because he came around
and turn close to us the last few passes.

These planes are almost invisible when seen edge on--approaching and
receding. It's not wonder they are invisible to radar.

The other good news is that one of my sailing students from last year
just gave me a 88 vintage Hobie 17--in very nice shape with a good
trailer! Yippee! It is rigged without a jib, so I think I'll change it
out to add one. The boat was too much for the guy. He is 150
pounds and could not right it if it flipped. He couldn't launch it by
himself, couldn't tack it (it really does need a jib) and I suspect he
got scared sailing it. Anyway, I found there is some foam in the
hulls that seems to be heavy. I'm thinking about tearing it out
piece by piece to lighten it up. Two of the batten pockets are
torn and need to be sewn up. Otherwise it is in nice shape.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Bart Senior wrote:
http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

They must be warming them up for Iran.

[...]

Sounds like a nice toy, none of em can tack worth a hoot, just gotta
haul ass thru the tacks. Have fun.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:33:22 -0400, "Bart Senior" .@. wrote:

http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

[ Etc., etc. . . . ]

We saw it - or, anyway, one - too, Sat p.m. flying from east west down
the L.I. Sound towards N.Y.C. Weird sight . . . .

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:55:30 +0000, nospam wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:33:22 -0400, "Bart Senior" .@. wrote:

http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

[ Etc., etc. . . . ]

We saw it - or, anyway, one - too, Sat p.m. flying from east west down
the L.I. Sound towards N.Y.C. Weird sight . . . .

To or from the Yankee's game.

http://www.acc.af.mil/library/factsh...et.asp?id=3813
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

Hey, Bart....we saw the same plane. I was sailing a Hunter 43 and the
thing flew right over City Island. For a moment it was a thin black
line in the sky, then it banked. Impressive and almost scary looking
flying machine.
Saw it Friday at about 1:00-1:30 or so.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart Senior wrote:
http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

It blew my mind. I looked up and spotted it just as it was banking
right in front of us. I waved to the guy on his third pass--black
hat against a white sail. It seemed to work because he came around
and turn close to us the last few passes.

These planes are almost invisible when seen edge on--approaching and
receding. It's not wonder they are invisible to radar.

It's a great piece of machinery. Too bad the Democrats aren't letting
Bush use it for what it was designed for. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq
and Iran would be a shiny, glowing glass parking lot.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It's a great piece of machinery. Too bad the Democrats aren't letting
Bush use it for what it was designed for. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq
and Iran would be a shiny, glowing glass parking lot.

Yeah, cuz everyone over there deserved to die, right?
Oh, and Bush made sure to send US troops over without even proper body
armor.

Nice work by our "republican" president...
Who's not a republican at all.

RB
35s5
NY

Sighting of R/V Tioga Jeff Cruising 7 August 27th 06 06:43 PM
Rocky Cantos Sighting! [email protected] General 4 March 27th 06 09:23 PM
Skookum 53 Sighting Wayne.B General 16 January 4th 06 08:39 PM
Great white sighting off Cape Cod Christopher General 8 September 27th 04 02:24 PM
TR - Deer Creek, Cougar Sighting! Bill Tuthill General 1 April 20th 04 08:28 PM