posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior Bart Senior is offline

Default B-2 Sighting

http://www.abacuspub.com/wbe/B2_2.jpg

Saw one of these banking right over my head. They looped around
and made more than half a dozen passes.

It blew my mind. I looked up and spotted it just as it was banking
right in front of us. I waved to the guy on his third pass--black
hat against a white sail. It seemed to work because he came around
and turn close to us the last few passes.

These planes are almost invisible when seen edge on--approaching and
receding. It's not wonder they are invisible to radar.

The other good news is that one of my sailing students from last year
just gave me a 88 vintage Hobie 17--in very nice shape with a good
trailer! Yippee! It is rigged without a jib, so I think I'll change it
out to add one. The boat was too much for the guy. He is 150
pounds and could not right it if it flipped. He couldn't launch it by
himself, couldn't tack it (it really does need a jib) and I suspect he
got scared sailing it. Anyway, I found there is some foam in the
hulls that seems to be heavy. I'm thinking about tearing it out
piece by piece to lighten it up. Two of the batten pockets are
torn and need to be sewn up. Otherwise it is in nice shape.