posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Tools for Joe

Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...-price&x=4&y=6
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...-price&x=4&y=6

RedCloud uses deisel, therefore nonferrious stricking wrenches are not
needed to inspect my tanks.
However if I were striking bolts loose on a gasoline barge 3K plus per
wrench would seem affordable and a bargain .

I'll stick to Proto, Craftsman, and Mac tools.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 27 Jul 2006 09:03:04 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...-price&x=4&y=6

RedCloud uses deisel, therefore nonferrious stricking wrenches are not
needed to inspect my tanks.
However if I were striking bolts loose on a gasoline barge 3K plus per
wrench would seem affordable and a bargain .

I'll stick to Proto, Craftsman, and Mac tools.

Joe

Hating those adjustable spanners that are used to adjust shaft packing
glands, I bought a couple of big box wrenches for almost nothing at a
plant closing auction, cut the handles off and I had the nicest set of
packing gland adjusters in the harbor. They were not non ferrous
striking wrenches but they probably had a new cost of several hundred
bucks apiece. When I sold the boat, I meant to get them off, and
forgot.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Here you go Joe, some tools you may need for that steel

boat. A
little pricey though.

Frank

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st/10...8186563?page=1
&rh=n%3A468240%2Cp_4%3AAMPCO&sort=-price&x=4&y=6

[...]

I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''. I
gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had no
idea they were that expensive.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Frank Boettcher" wrote
Hating those adjustable spanners that are used to adjust

shaft packing
glands, I bought a couple of big box wrenches for almost

nothing at a
plant closing auction, cut the handles off and I had the

nicest set of
packing gland adjusters in the harbor. They were not non

ferrous
striking wrenches but they probably had a new cost of

several hundred
bucks apiece. When I sold the boat, I meant to get them

off, and
forgot.

Bummer.
I've bought a fair amount of stuff at auction too. But I
don't see how to put a box end wrench on a packing gland...
a big tubing wrench, maybe.

Scotty wrote:
I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''. I
gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had no
idea they were that expensive.

Cool huh? Maybe I can get prices like that for mine, except
I really want to hang on to them.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote iforgot.

Bummer.
I've bought a fair amount of stuff at auction too. But I
don't see how to put a box end wrench on a packing

gland...
a big tubing wrench, maybe.

I use a big water pump wrench.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

That should read ''water pump pliers''

SV

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
"Frank Boettcher" wrote

Scotty wrote:
I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''.

gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had

no
idea they were that expensive.

Cool huh? Maybe I can get prices like that for mine,

except
I really want to hang on to them.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:04:49 -0400, DSK wrote:

"Frank Boettcher" wrote
Hating those adjustable spanners that are used to adjust

shaft packing
glands, I bought a couple of big box wrenches for almost

nothing at a
plant closing auction, cut the handles off and I had the

nicest set of
packing gland adjusters in the harbor. They were not non

ferrous
striking wrenches but they probably had a new cost of

several hundred
bucks apiece. When I sold the boat, I meant to get them

off, and
forgot.

Bummer.
I've bought a fair amount of stuff at auction too. But I
don't see how to put a box end wrench on a packing gland...
a big tubing wrench, maybe.

Whoops. Should have been "open end" . They were actually combination
and I cut the box end off. Funny looking,big wrenches with short
handles.

Frank

Scotty wrote:
I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''. I
gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had no
idea they were that expensive.

Cool huh? Maybe I can get prices like that for mine, except
I really want to hang on to them.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote:
I had some of those striking wrenches, size 2'' - 5''. I
gave them to my buddy who works on steam engines. I had no
idea they were that expensive.

Snotty, the "trailer trash" boy... how sad!

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Whoops. Should have been "open end" . They were actually combination
and I cut the box end off. Funny looking,big wrenches with short
handles.

Those are the best kind.

Many people would be amazed at how many of those 36" pipe
wrenches have the handle sawed off. Much more practical, and
if you need more leverage you can always use a cheater...
heck that's what I mostly use box ends for...

DSK